Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Fluffy Cacti ~ My Wool Terrarium


Hi Everyone!

Happy Tuesday!

I had so much fun this weekend making this needle felted Cactus Garden!

I love the idea of soft, fluffy cacti don't you?



I bought this beautiful little ceramic and glass planter at an art fair years ago and thought this would be a perfect way to display it.

Ta Da!

I am so happy with how it turned out!

I put it in a very special place on my Grandma's writing desk in the front hallway.

Now I get to enjoy it and my new Amazing Wall Hanging every time I come into the room.

It is so fun to have and inspiration, an idea and then the manifestation of it.
I can often feel them coming on and it is always so exciting to see what the fun projects result in in the end!
I have been "feeling" these two for months and months and now they are finally here!
Yippeeee!

What fun things do you have planned today?
Please leave us a note and let us know!
We cannot wait to hear all about them!
xoxox
m & e

7 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

The planter is just perfect for your new creation. Very nice cacti display. You are just so creative.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom loves to needle felt too, Melissa. What a cute display! You did a great job!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

How wonderful! It is perfect with your amazing wall hanging! You are so talented, and such a great pug mom, too!
xoxoxoxo big hugs from me and the piggies

Too Cute Pugs said...

We love it! Mommy wanted to buy a felted terrarium scene on Etsy last year but didn't. Now, she's thinking of making one herself. They are so cute!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Mare said...

That is adorable Melissa!

Kelly said...

Hi Aunty Melissa! I just wanted to pop by and send a BIGGGG hug to you and Emmitt! I hope you are staying warm in this snowy weather!!

xoxoxo
Pearl

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Melissa
I just love how inspiration comes to you- just out of the blue as if little birds are chirping.
I can imagine your happy heart as you start to create. And then when it all comes together. I know you heart sings as the inspiration lies before your eyes.
This inspiration you created is gorgous
love
tweedles