Thursday, September 08, 2011

New Fiber Art Sculpture ~ Magic Bubbles - Free Pattern

Hi Everyone!

Happy Thursday!


I am so excited to show you the new fiber art sculpture I just completed!




I call it Magic Bubbles!










It was so fun to make!


I crocheted some ball shaped ornaments and strung them on a lucite bar.


The I hung it over my favorite chair where I love to crochet everyday.

Voila!


Magic Bubble floating over me!

This project was so fun and easy to do!


It is very portable so you can make these little ornaments anytime and anywhere!


Here is the Free Pattern for you to enjoy!


I used Lion Brand Amazing Yarn in several of their different colorways. I love them all so I used all the ones I own.


You can pick all of your favorites or even just one ball as the colors change throughout each skein and you will have a rainbow of magic bubbles even by using one skein of your favorite colors!


Materials:


Small amounts of your favorite yarns


Your favorite crochet hook.

*Smaller gauge hooks will make smaller, tighter ornaments.

I used a size E for this project, but have made the with a G Hook too to make bird toys and loved them as well.*


Yarn needle


Small bits of stuffing



Round Ornament Pattern


Work in spirals with a yarn marker that you move to mark the beginning of each row.

Do not join

Size E Hook (shown)

Sc = single crochet
Dec = decrease

Ch 2

R1 – 6 sc in second chain – (mark 6th sc with marker) = 6

R2 – 2 sc in each = 12

R3 - * 2sc, 1sc in next sc* repeat around = 18

R4 - * 2sc, 1sc in next 2 sc * repeat around = 24

R5 – R9 – sc around = 24

R10 – * sc dec, sc next 2 sc* repeat around = 18

R11 - * sc dec, 1 sc * repeat around = 12

Stuff

R12 - dec around

End with a slip stitch

Cut off a long tail (about 18-20 inches)

Sew up any holes at bottom

Push tail up through to top

Form a slip knot and bring down as close to the top of the ball as you can.

Chain 10 or more chains depending on the size loop you would like.

Slip stitch back to ball at base of chain to form the loop.

Make any final stitches at top to straighten or neaten up loop.

Pull yarn tail through ball to secure end and snip off extra.


Leave plain or decorate with your favorite beads or embroidery stitches.



For your convenience here is a PDF version of the pattern for you to enjoy!


Please let me know if you make any!


I would love to see!


xoxoxox

Melissa



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I wish I knew how to crochet, I haven't learned yet but one day I will.
Thanks for sharing!

Liz

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a great pattern, I really enjoyed making my magic bubble!
I see lots of Christmas ornaments in my future.....
Hugs, Lynne xx

Molly the Airedale said...

How cute your magic bubbles are, Melissa! They'll make you even more cheerful as you crochet away in your favorite chair!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

tubby3pug said...

Thanks for the pattern-I dont know how to crochet, but I hope to learn. I knitted your easy bear and it was lots of fun!

tubby3pug said...

I am so flattered by you saying I am wise on my blog, very sweet. Not sure if its true, but very sweet.

I actually did a blog post on the simple teddy bear you can find it under the Simple Projects tab at the top of my blog (don't worry we gave you credit!) I turned it into a cat toy by adding a little catnip. After I get a bit better at knitting I want to try crochet.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love your colorful magic bubbles Auntie Missy.
The magic will float around you and give lots of inspiration and a happy heart!
love
twee