Monday, February 07, 2011

Amazing Wall Hanging ~ Crochet Art


Happy Monday everyone!

I am so excited to show you the new crocheted wall hanging I just made!


I used my favorite yarn from Lion Brand which LB appropriately named "Amazing".

I just love how this whole line of yarn works up to look like a gorgeous painting!

The colors change in the perfect way to see the transitions appear even in these small bobble squares I made for the project.

I did not have a pattern.

I just started crocheting bobble squares and attached them together in an organic way. I was excited from start to finish to see how it would turn out.

I did not play or fidget with the order to assemble them.

It was so much fun!

Emmitt even wanted to help me which you will see in the photos below. :)

Here is the space on the wall that I have been wanting to fill forever!


...and here it is all done!

I hung it in my dining room on the half wall above my crocheted fruit collection.

I took lots of photos to share with you as I made it...









The Lion Brand yarns that I used for the wall hanging are...

Amazing
Strawberry Fields
Mesa
Rainforest

Oak Tweed

Natural

Saffron




Ta Da!
I just love how it turned out!
It makes me happy every time I see it!
Now that was a fun project!
What fun things are you working on or planning for the Spring?
Please leave me a note and tell me all about it!
I cannot wait to hear!
xoxoxo
m & e

13 comments:

agent99 said...

It's like a crocheted QUILT. How cool is that? Thanks for posting all the details, and please tell Emmitt his design consulation was fabulous!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is very beautiful. I will have to check out that Amazing yarn. Very nice color selection. I love the medaillons hanging at the bottom.

Ruth Welter said...

Ow wow Melissa, I love this. Has to be one of my favorite crochet pieces that you've done.

Ruth

Laura said...

Well, not only is the yarn "amazing", but so are you!

Lynn Cohen said...

I love it too. I am just for the first time adding some crocheted work into an art quilt I am currently working on. Fun to see yours.

iHanna said...

What a great great wall hanging. So cute!

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Well...My mom and I have been inspired by you and your sister to got take some classes at a recently opened Joanne's Fabric store. I would love for us to learn how to crochet...it looks like so much fun...but we haven't signed up quite yet for classes due to crazy work schedules and inclimate weather. We plan on painting the inside of our house this Spring and also we are getting new windows so that the drafts stay out and the heat stays in for the winter...and that the cool stays in and the heat stays out during the summer. That's about all were up to...and reducing debt and increasing quality time with our 5 pugs...you know, the usual. :)
-Mindy :)

Peng Peng said...

wow, that is neat! it has a tribal look to it which is fabulous! Spring?? when IS Spring? lol!

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Chicos!!
Wow that look Amazing !!
I think you just started a crochet quilt movemnet!
Bechos
Spongy & Licky & marcella

Molly the Airedale said...

Your wall hanging is just beautiful, Melissa! It's looks perfect hanging over your crocheted fruit! You are so talented!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

The Devil Dog said...

That is so cool and very pretty. Expect a bunch of hungry pugs and kitties tomorrow am! We'll detour on the way to Texas.

Roxy!

Liss said...

This is great!

As always I'm working on scrapbooks ;) I'm doing something a little new for 2011. Usually I scrap after all my pictures are taken for the year. This year, I'm scrapping as events unfold. I'm having a great time so far. I really like this way of scrapping because memories are fresh in my mind and I can journal much easier.

I'm also going to working on Charlie's and Sweet Pea's scrapbooks this year. Lot's of fun and time well spent.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Melissa
There are no words to describe how gorgeous these wall hangings are.
When I look at all these wonders, I am amazed at their beauty.
But you know what? You inspire us, and for that I am so grateful.
Emmy Poo- I am now kissing your little head
love
twee