Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pugs In Progess...

I took some photos of the two pug paintings I created last week while they were at different stages of completion.

I thought it would be fun to show you where I work and how they come to life. I have a little art table behind my desk where I paint. I start by sketching on an 8 x 10 x 3/4 piece of hemlock wood. Then I begin filling in the fur, shading as I go. Next come the eyes, noses and mouths. Finally the background color and fine lines are added. Voila!

I have also documented the entire process on my website for your to see the creation of Pug A58 and my Black and White Cat Pals.

Enjoy!














Thank you again for all of your wonderful comments. They really make my day!


Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

Melissa, they are just wonderful..I love them both and I loved seeing and hearing about your process.

Leslie Moore said...

How fun to see where and how you work! Love those puggish faces -- so full of love and longing!

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love seeing an artists step by step process. This is a wonderful post to enjoy on a sunny, summer afternoon. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Manon said...

Thanks for sharing your process! It's fun to see how other artists work.

The Devil Dog said...

Mom loves watching works in progress. It is so neat and fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

:)
Roxy

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

YOU ARE SO TALENTED! Goodness... let's hope you never have to draw the snaggletoothed bugg alien.

Sophie

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...thanks for sharing these and your process...what amazing faces on these cute little pugs...

I love your passion ...you really are an inspiration...

Have a wonderful night/day!

Hugs
Diana

Nevis said...

LOVE seeing the process! So do you use acrylic paint?

Anonymous said...

Melissa these are just wonderful. I have tried to draw my lab but I always end up making it too fussy. Yours are just loely.

Robin Pedrero said...

How cute! The dogs and the art! Nice to meet you via twitter!