Thursday, June 05, 2008

Do You Twitter?

I have been hearing about Twitter for about a year and finally just opened up my own Twitter Page.

I find it to be like micro-blogging where your posts are limited to 140 characters or less. You can post from your computer or text in a message from your cell phone. Whenever you make a post it is called a Tweet.

By adding a Twitter Widget to your blog, you can make micro-posts or Tweets from the road if you are on a trip or out and about town.

By following people's Tweets, you can see what they are up to or thinking throughout the day.

I am very new at this, but I find I Tweet when I am doing something fun and I want to stop and appreciate it, so I log it on my Twitter page and it Tweets the fun stuff into the universe.

Do You Twitter? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

On the fun topic of meeting people and connecting. I have met a wonderful artist, Fannie Narte, who truly insires me. Imagine, Create, Inspire is the most wonderful place to visit everyday. She creates art on everything from fabric to paper and creates magic with her paints, sewing machine and imagination.

Fannie made this amazing Hisbiscus Journal for me as a surprise gift. I just adore it and had to share it with you. Visit this post to learn more about how she made it.





Thank you Fannie. Your gift made my day and I just Love it!

9 comments:

Fannie said...

Hi, Melissa! Do I twitter?--not yet, but it sounds intriguing. I'll check it out.

Glad you like your journal. I left the journal plain so you can personalize it with your favorite images: pugs, etc. Have fun filling its pages.

Glad to have met you, Melissa.

Unknown said...

I do twitter! I'm going there to follow you now!

And that journal is just great - thanks for sharing.

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Melissa...that is a beutiful journal that was created for you. Hibiscus are one of my favorite garden flowers.

I do not Twitter as of yet but I will check it out to see what all the buzz is about.

Nevis said...

Yes, I twitter...you can see it on the right of manicdote.

lOVE the new art! Fannie is very talented!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful hibiscus journal! It just glows with color. Thank you for sharing this with us Melissa! I don't twitter, but I am surrounded in my studio at all time by 3 piggypugs who make other types of involuntary noises just about all day long...

The Devil Dog said...

That is a beautiful journal. Mom doesn't twitter. She wouldn't have time at work and at home, well, it's stuff then karate. If she started tweeting I don't think she would ever get to bed.

Roxy

Tara's Art Camp said...

i don't twitter yet but i have a friend who does. i like what you said about putting positive vibes in the universe.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa....I see you have met the wonderful Fannie....she is one of the most giving people I have ever met and her art is amazing....

You are also a magnet for good things....

hugs
and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Beautiful journal. Fannie is just amazing and so creative... I can just envision this journal filled up with lots of fun pug art.
Have a great weekend.
PS Love the Pug travel tag too!