Friday, June 27, 2008

Listography!

I just found the coolest thing ever!

I love to make lists. I am constantly making lists of :
  • To Dos
  • Goals
  • Projects
  • Ideas
  • Shopping
  • Things I appreciate

See that is another list. :) I think I like the exercise because if I write it down, I know it will get done. I do not have to keep thinking about it to remind myself to do it.

This is why I am so excited that I found this site today called Listography and opened my own free account.

Here is how Listography describes themselves:

Listography provides users (listographers) of all ages an easy-to-use tool for creative list writing and sharing.

Through list making, you can simultaneously create timelines and shape an autobiography. Therefore, your listography is a perpetual work in progress, a time capsule you can share, and perhaps a map of your life for friends and family.

Listing is a precise and quick way to write and communicate meaningful information.

We see listographies as a valuable interaction between old you and new you as well.

Your listography is a record of what you want to remember --your very own database of lists. What we slowly forget, our listographies will keep organized for us.

We hope listographies also serve as inspiration. Writing lists about your goals, to do's, dreams, and wishlists, we figure is the first step to making them happen someday, a reminder and encouragement.

Read More ... to learn more about the website and book.

How Fun! I am off to make more lists! Let me know if you create any lists. I would love to come and see.

10 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Oh, I LOVE LISTS...I'm looking at 3on my desk right now!

Unknown said...

I can always count on you Melissa for cool links...and lists are the only way to go!!!

hugs and have a great weekend...

Unknown said...

I can always count on you Melissa for cool links...and lists are the only way to go!!!

hugs and have a great weekend...

Clover said...

ooh my mom is going to love this! She is a list-a-holic! Thanks for sharing!
Love Clover xo

Moira said...

This looks VERY cool. Great tip!

The Devil Dog said...

This may be very bad for mom and some people in her family. You will have to check out the blog tomorrow to see what memere did, then gave to mom. I think it was your influence.

Roxy

Nevis said...

I adore making lists!!

Manon said...

I'm going to check this out and see if I can get myself more organized. Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that looks amazing! I have always been a list-keeper myself, in fact saved every to-do list (always weekly, often daily) from the first 3 years of my business, almost as a journal.

But as of late I have let my lists fall by the wayside because they feel too overwhelming, but I may just need to check this out! Thanks for sharing Melissa! You're the best! :-)

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, Melissa!...I once made a little binder with all of these tabs...but not 'things I appreciate'...I like that! of course being a list keeper I didn't stick with my binder for very long. I like lists I can tape up around me...I have to SEE them! : ) I think I'll try this out and see how it goes...thanks!