Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cycling and The Wool Market!

Here are some pictures from our fun weekend!

Saturday: Sunrise Century - Boulder, CO

My Bike...waiting for me to start riding!

Melanie and Mark

Me and Mark

Melanie riding

and me riding.

We had a great time. The weather was perfect. We started at about 7:15 am, and we were back to the cars by 10:30 after riding the 45 mile loop to Lyons and back.

Then on Sunday we went to the Wool Market!

Sunday: Wool Market - Estes Park, CO

We got yarn to make hats! I am going to show Melanie how to use the loom!

I got Melanie this neat pot holder.

and she got a hat and neck gater.

She bought me this great wool yarn, some double knit wool mittens and this fun name plate that I am going to incorporate into my altered journal.

There was so much to see at the market like angora bunnies

tons of wool yarn in every color and texture.

wool roving for spinning and felting

sheeeeeeep

llamas and alpaca!


It was a perfect weekend!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo - that pot holder is so cute. Looks like a fabulous weekend, but 45 miles?!?!?

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Melissa...loved the wool market you showed, that angora bunny is a little guy that I would love to take home. : )

I had no idea that you were a bike rider. It is also nice that you and your sister live close enough that you can ride together. We have an awful lot of bikers here as well, that I see each day.

Unknown said...

Melissa, Howard wants to know if those yummy looking sheep are edible....
xxoo
Nancy and the fatties

Manon said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! I'm heading to your part of the country later today. I'm hearing that Az Is a little warmer that you guys. ha, ha

Nevis said...

Wow, looks like you not only had a wonderful (perfect) weekend, but that the weather was great and you got an awesome potholder. How adorable is the little "house"?!

Weeny&Daisy said...

hello m & e, we miss you very much too, but mummy is having a rough patch at the moment as she is quite ill, and also lost a dear friend, so we have had to take a break from blogging for a while. we are keeping her company though, so dont worry,
love weeny and daisy xx

Candace Trew Camling said...

I love your bicycle biking shirt! What an awesome weekend...I'm a tad jealous. My bike is stuck in the back of the garage! I want to ride!

Nichol Brinkman said...

WOWZERS!!!! What an eclectic weekend! It looks like you had a great time----the yarn is too cool!

Veronica Arch said...

You guys look fantastic! - so fit and athletic.

Ooh, and that market looks like a lot of fun.

(P.S. I dreamt that i bought one of your puggie charms last night. I think it's a sign that I should skip on over to your Etsy shop!)

Unknown said...

oh what fun!!!! these photos are wonderful...and what a great weekend indeed...

you make me want to head away for the weekend!!!

and I love your t-shirt...I wonder where you got that? lol

great post...thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

What great pictures. I love all the animal shots.

The Devil Dog said...

ooohhh, look at the wool. Almost makes mom want to knit again, except ir's summer. Great weekend. Great photos.

Roxy

Fannie said...

What a fun weekend! Thanks for posting all the wonderful pics!

Pugs and Kneedles said...

M - What a fabulous weekend. The fiber festival looks awesome and you obviously had a great time. Hope you fondled some wool for me. Hugs, K