Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flowers, Veggies and a Pug! Oh My!


Last September, Melanie came over when we were not home and planted columbines for us for a wonderful anniversary gift.

Look how beautiful they are!




Here is Fred looking after his vegetable garden. You cannot see it in this picture, but there is a 3 foot high picket fence protecting his vegetables from the ummmm.... PUG.

Emmitt loves to go hunting for vegetables, so while Fred is checking his garden, the pug is parked outside the garden gate, hoping for a snack.

This year Fred is growing peas, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, beets, lettuce and radishes. Yum!

Here is a photo of Emmitt that I changed in photoshop to look more like a painting. This is the expression of hope he has for lots of vegetables!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great gift idea! I would love it if I came home and someone had lanscaped my yard! haha...

Also, more than anything, I want a vegetable garden. If I were there, I'd be doing the same thing as Emmitt, similar expression and all.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

Clover said...

Beautiful flowers! And what a cute photo of Emmitt - he is so cute! My mom wishes she knew how to use photoshop too!
Love Clover xo

Unknown said...

Awww, give Emmitt some veggies, Melissa. How can you deny him anything he wants when he looks like that??
: )
pughugs,
Nancy and the fatties (who get just about anything they want)

Nevis said...

Are all those flowers in your garden?! Wow, that must be so inspiring!!

Ruth Welter said...

Your garden is looking beautiful melissa, love your flowers. How nice that your husband tends his veggie garden and funny that little Emmitt is a vegetable hound. : )

Manon said...

You are so lucky to have a vegy garden. I wish I had one but I don't have a green thumb. lol
Emmitt is adorable!

Pugs and Kneedles said...

Yum, veggies! I laughed out loud picturing Emmitt waiting outside the gate for his chance at the crops. The photoshop picture is wonderful! Hope Fred shares some of the crops with Emmitt -- who can deny a pug? Enjoy the fiber festival. I can't wait to hear all about it. Hugs, K

The Devil Dog said...

Any broccoli in there? Imagine, Emmitt, them fencing us out! The nerve. The columbines are gorgeous. Mom loves the yellow one. It is so dramatic.

Roxy

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...

what a great post...the flowers are awesome and I love Fred's garden!!! what fun it will be to enjoy all the fruits of his labor....

I can't wait to see more action in our garden!!!

Hugs
Diana

Anonymous said...

lovely flowers.

arlene,
East Bremerton flowers

artpaw said...

lovely garden. Nice photoshop work on Emmitt.