Friday, July 01, 2011

Friday Funnies ~ Rise & Shine Archie!

Good Morning Everyone!


It is time to rise and shine for the beginning of a loooong Holiday Weekend!

Yippeee!


That means more time for us to go exploring!


Let's go!


We can romp in the mountain meadows of Colorado together!


.. and drink cool water out of this neat foldable travel bowl!

It is so deep, I can stick my whole head in it!

Ha!


Sluuuuurp!

That was good!

Would you like a sip of water too?

It is warm today!

Luckily, dad picks me up when I am tired!



I love being a Mountain Puggy!


Even though it is July 1st today, we still have snow in the high country that we can see from our hike in Boulder.



My dad, Fred, snapped these amazing shots in late May of Longs Peak with his new zooooooom lens!

Much of this snow has melted already, but the run off is making white water rafting very fast this year!


The high country got tons of snow this year after a 7 year drought, and we are enjoying every drop of it this Summer!






My dad's snowy photos + Independance Day have inspired my Momma to make something new!


She is busy working on a special sweater vest that we will show you on Monday!

What fun things are you doing this 4th of July weekend?

Please leave us a note and tell us all about it!


We cannot wait to hear!


xoxoxoxo


Archie the Mountain Puggy

14 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Ooooh, you are such a rugged outdoorsy pug Archie!
Have a great hike in that beautiful countryside.
We love your dad's photos, especially the last one of the snow on the mountain.
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

The Daily Pip said...

oh my goodness, look at those views! I have never seen the mountains, Archie! Mama has, but not me. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Your pal, Pip

P.S.: We are going to order your new eggplant sweater today!

tubby3pug said...

What a gorgeous view--you are so lucky to take such beautiful and exciting walks.

Elgor82 said...

How lucky for you to live in such a beautiful area of this great country! Pug Hugs

Laura said...

You sure live in a beautiful place, Archie! Enjoy your summer hikes!

Vito and Gina said...

Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July, Archie (& Family)!! Mom is already trying to think of what color sweater vest she wants to get my new brother (that's weird to say!). I haven't warned him yet about the sweater vests. I figure he has to learn some things on his own.

Later!
Vito

Ritaestelle said...

Archie, you precious mountain puggy! What an amazing ' backyard' you have!!!! Hope you and your family have an awesome weekend!!!!

Ritaestelle

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

What great pictures!!

Have a wonderful July 4th!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

Candace Trew Camling said...

I love looking at little archie! You guys are such a happy family! Wonderful! Happy 4th to you!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Archie, you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place - the landscape is amazing and your photos are beautiful.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

BriannaBlueStudio said...

Hi Melissa!

What beautiful photos! Archie is so darling! All of us girls hope you have a wonderful weekend:))

Beth, Brooke, Bethany and Bailey:-P

Molly the Airedale said...

Your pictures look like paintings, Melissa! They are just stunning! You are sure a lucky boy, Archie!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

We are excited to see the new sweater vest....and those Mountain pictures are amazing. Archie you are such a cute mountain puggy. We hope you have a great weekend. We are helping Mom and Dad lay down a patio in our backyard to BBQ on....that means food!

Hugs
The Girls

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Archie , the mountain puggy!
Your so cute as you stretched getting up from nappy time!
Your little curly tail made me smile.
I love those snow capped mountains that your dad took a photo of. He zooomed those photos so close I can almost touch them!
The photos are splendorious!
And I think you and I could run in that meadow. Oh it looks so cool and the grass looks so soft.
You have a beautiful world to go exploring in,,, you have wilderness, and trails and stream.
You know what,, I know what its like to be carrried when you get tired, because my moms carry me too.
Next week we find out about the surprise sweater vests- right?
how fun!
love
twee