Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Colorful Crochet Socks!



Hi everyone!


Happy Tuesday!


I was so excited when my friend Lynne in England invited me to try and crochet a pair of socks with her at the same time so that if we got stuck in a part of the pattern, we could help each other through it!


What a brilliant plan! :)




They were so fun and fast to make!


I actually used two types of yarns for my socks:


The top cuff is Lion Brand Amazing Yarn: Aurora


and The foot is Red Heart Heart & Sole: Tequila Sunrise



The fun thing is that I had both yarns in my stash waiting for the perfect projects and they matched each other perfectly!


I had no idea what I would make with them when I bought them. When Lynne sent me the sock pattern, I went into my yarn basket and pulled these out.


I just could not wait to get started!


From the photo above, you can see that the cuff is worked flat and then turns into rounds when you get to the ankle & foot.



Here is the cuff, ankle and heel flap



... now I have turned the heel and started the foot.



The rest was a breeze.


I finished the foot and started the narrowing of the toe.


Ta Da!


A perfect, comfy fit!


I LOVE how the colors and textures of the two yarns work so perfectly together.


This inspired project proved my theory to be true...


You do not always need to have a project or plan in place to begin a project.


The project will find you so always just go with the flow and buy the yarns and colors you love and you will love what you create!



... and here are Lynne's gorgeous socks!





I just love the yarn she used!


A perfect fit!


We had so much fun that we decided to make this fun doll at the same time and embellish it any way we are inspired to.


We agreed not to show our creations to each other and then send them off across each end of the pond to each other as a surpise swap!


How fun is that?


Please feel free to join in on the fun and create a doll too!


Here is the free pattern from Lion Brand which can be knitted or crocheted to be the launching point of your inspiration.


Please email me the photos whenever you are done, and I will create a blog post about them!



Yay! I cannot wait to see what you create!


xoxoxo

Melissa & Archie



11 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your socks are beautiful, Melissa! You are so amazing at everything you do!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Cocorue said...

lovely colour combination and you are so gifted....

chikisses
coco and tiffy
we trust you are well....

JudyMackeyart said...

Both you and your friend created such yummy colored socks!! They are both just too cute!!

Have a great day...

Ritaestelle said...

I totally want to make these socks!!!!!!! They are so fun!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this Melissa!! Belly rubs and snuggles to Archikins!!

Ritaestelle

Elgor82 said...

Those are some awesome socks ... love, love, love the colors! Pug Hugs, Ellen

Unknown said...

beautiful colorful socks! they are such fun. Kristen from CED

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a great project! If Mom ever starts this one, you can be sure she knows where to go for answers to her questions. Thanks for sharing.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Peng Peng said...

those socks rocks! awesome color combos. i can see my feet in those :)

BriannaBlueStudio said...

Hi Melissa and Archie!!

I just looove these socks! You are super talented yourself, Melissa:-) They turned out grrreat!

xoxoxoxo

Beth

PS..Bailey said she loves the socks too:-P

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Those socks are the most
"happy socks"
that we ever did see!
The socks are singing.
I think all socks should be happy.
You and Lynns creations are so beautiful.
love
twee

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh my gosh!
It is so great to see our socks - thousands of miles apart but worked on together, having fun with all the pictures and progress!
I can recommend projects across the miles to everyone!
Lynne xx