Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crochet Doll Swap ~ Meet Gertie & Mimi Le Fleur!

What a fun Wednesday!


The mail just came and I am so excited to show you the crochet doll swap my friend Lynne in England and I did!

After making socks together following the same pattern, we thought for the next project, it would be fun to make each other surprise gifts using the same basic doll pattern generously shared by Lion Brand Yarn.


We embellished them any way we wanted and then sent them to each other on the same day.


We were not allowed to share pictures of them with each other before we sent them so that the finished dolls be a surprise when we opened the packages!



I made the doll above named Gertrude ~ Gertie for short!


I had so much fun picking the yarns and watching her come to life!




I made a long pom pom for her hair.


... and I wet felted wool beads for her hands!




I loved seeing her personality pop out as I embroidered her face and made her matching pearl earrings and a heart brooch!



Here is Gertie enjoying her new home across the pond!


She is so lucky to be able to spend time with Lynne in her kitchen!



Just as I was reading Lynne's email that Gertie arrived, my doorbell rang and my package arrived carrying ...



Mimi Le Fleur!



Oooo La La!


She is perfect!


I love how we both made heart shapes for mouths!


and look at her fabulous long black hair!



and jewelry!


every detail made me smile!



She is very comfortable eating chocolate croissants and drinking rich creamy coffee in my office all day!



I love how both dolls started from the same fun doll pattern and turned out so wonderfully different yet the same!

What fun projects have you been doing this summer?


Would you like to make a "Sally Doll" too and email me a photo?


I would love to share it on my blog!


She would instantly be a part of Gertie and Mimi's family!


I just sent another package to Lynne this morning transporting the pets we just crocheted for each doll.


I cannot wait to show you our new trade in just a few days!


How Fun!


xoxoxox

Melissa & Archie

7 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh Wow Missy, that was so much fun!
I loved making Mimi Le Fleur for you, working on all the tiny embellishments and imagining you smiling when you got her.
And I was soooo excited to get Gertie, she is so perfect and I love everything about her!
I hope we have some other ladies who love their crocheting to share their pictures of these dolls with you, they are a delight to make - come on girls, you know you want to!
Lynne xx

Too Cute Pugs said...

We love Gertie (Daisy was almost named Gert!) and Mimi Le Fleur!

Mommy actually has the pattern for the Sally Doll and has been planning on making her. She is inspired with what you guys did and will make her soon!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

OH, they are both so adorable. Love all those minute details. Another project Mom could add to her ever-growing list - the little bipeds would love those. Thanks for sharing.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Road Dog Tales said...

Just saw the awesome yummylicious sweater you knitted for Pip! Gorgeous! Love Gertie and Mimi, too! Can't wait to see the pets you're making! Our Mom doesn't knit but she loves art of any kind so she will be back often to see what artsy things you're up to!

The Road Dogs

Zu said...

Great swap idea, both the dolls are so cute! :-)

The Daily Pip said...

What a cool idea! They are both absolutely adorable!

Your pal, Pip

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Missy
We can feel the love that was born as you and Lynn created Gertie and Mimi.
Sharing is all about love,, and you have made us smile.
They are the cutest little dolls... and thank you again, for showing us how to play
love
twee