Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Needle Felting Class ~ Whimsical Veggies!


Hi everyone!


Melanie and I had so much fun making our needle felted Magical Creatures, that we signed up for another needle felting class to learn how to make Whimsical Veggies!


I made a turnip and Melanie made a family of fingerling potatoes!





Here is the wool roving before we started!



I started with white wool and made the general shape of the turnip.


After several minutes of needle felting, I had the general shape and firmness of the piece and then added a layer of purple on top allowing some of the white base to show through.




The next step was to sew on the felt leaves and then make the legs from wire wrapped in floral tape.



Here are Melanie's fingerling potato bodies!


Aren't they cute?


The faces she created are so perfect!


Ta Da!


I can here them singing a tune and giggling and snickering!


Come closer... Can you hear them too? :)



What a fun class!


Heide Murray is the most wonderful teacher!


She is so generous to share her time and talents with us!


Please check out her website and blog to see all of the magic she is constantly creating!


Melanie and I will definitely be taking her Fall and Winter classes this year too!

What fun classes are you taking this summer?


We would love to hear about all the cooking, swimming, playing and learning you and your families are enjoying together!


Thank you for always sharing your fun activities with us!


Have a super day everyone!


Archie & Melissa

8 comments:

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Melissa!

Your felted creatures are so cute!
You and Melanie did a great job on these!!

Daisy and I hope your week is going well!

-Dana & Daisy

Lisa M Griffin said...

What fun! This is one medium that I really enjoy seeing. Not something I have the patience for to do, but truly one that I appreciate through others. :)

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Those are the cutest things! I love the happy faces on them. Hopefully Archikins doesn't think they're good enough to eat...

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

The Daily Pip said...

Oh, I love your little turnip!

Your pal, Pip

Sketching with Dogs said...

Ohhh, you needle felted veggies are so adorabley cute!
I almost expect them to come to life and walk across the table, tee hee.
Lynne xx

tubby3pug said...

Very cute-

Mom is learning to knit and has read about felting

Too Cute Pugs said...

So cute!

Mommy has a kit to make a felted ladybug but she bought it around the time she started crocheting and hasn't started it yet.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Tweedles -- that's me said...

The little veggie family looks so happy and cheerful.
Yes,, we hear them singing, happy happy songs!
love
twee