Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful Tuesday ~ Friends' Fabulous Art!

I am so thrilled to show you the art that friends have been generous enough to take the time to share with me!


The first photo is of some of Melanie's new wool blanket bears she is creating for the holidays!

She has a new batch for sale in her etsy shop along with Mini bear ornaments, Holiday Elf Dolls and more!



Tweedles and Georgie just finished a beautiful yarn painting!



Look how amazing it is!



I get goosebumps everytime I look at it!

If you would like to make a yarn painting too, I have created a fun tutorial for you to enjoy!



Thank you so much for always playing with us!



... and my friend Lynne just made two beautiful crochet sculptures inspired by the desert and the sea!


A gorgeous cactus bowl and a coral formation with a crab!

They are just amazing!



She got the patterns on etsy!



Here is the cactus pattern and here is the coral formation if you would like to get them too!



and looook what Lynne just surprised me with...



Archie and Gilbert felties!


Aren't they fabulous?


I have them sitting here on my desk inspiring me and making me smile all day long!


Thank you Lynne!



I just adore them!

It brings me so much joy to see what you all create!

Please feel free to email me photos and stories anytime!

I would love to see what you are doing!

xoxoxox


Melissa & Archie

10 comments:

marianne said...

Such lovely items! Amazing what you can crochet!!!
Love that cactus and coral. Wish I had time to try......
Those gifts were cute as well

Have a nice day dear♥
and hugs for Archie♥

Sketching with Dogs said...

Wow! Tweedles yarn painting is incredible, so beautiful.
Those bears are little sweeties too.
The best thing about crocheting is you can put these lovely little blobs of colour all over the house to cheer you up :)
Hugs, Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful creations! Thank u for sharing!!

Rowdy
Mame
Annie
Madame

LindyLou4U said...

WOW, just love the little cactus garden...fabulous and so fun!
Yes, this is such a wonderful community of "makers" and artists. I appreciate the new and exciting items that you share. Keep that creativity flowing...Oh and the bears are adorable...going to check them out!
-Linda and Gladys

Lisa M Griffin said...

What fun! I just love seeing all of your goodies. Thanks for sharing. :)

Payton said...

Here's to more creative art and good friends!
Love,
Payton

Opaka said...

My human said that you inspired her Melissa. She now has a batch of five mother bears waiting to be sent off and it's all because of your blog. So thank you for making my human happy!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Its so much fun to see the inspiations billowing in everyone minds! And then everyone shares with you! We love it that you teach us to play,,, its so fun to show you!
All the creations are magical!
love
twee

dw said...

Now you've got me humming 'Under the Sea'! The crab is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful works!

Liss said...

Awesome stuff! I'll have to take some pictures of my scrapbook pages that I've done, the one's I like best. I'm not a crafty person, BUT would LOVE to be talented in that area. Scrapbooking is my crafty outlet. I love taking pictures, preserving, and sharing my memories.

I really LOVE the yarn paintings would love to do one, but not sure I could :) Maybe some day.