Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Blind Doodle Gallery!

I am so thrilled that so many people tried the blind drawing exercise and were generous enough to share them with me! My heart is just soaring!

Look at our wonderful Blind Drawing Gallery!













Bajas' mom - Ane







Doodling is a wonderful way to quickly tap into our playful, happy selves that we all are. Closing our eyes makes it that much more exciting and takes the pressure off to be perfect.

No self judging ... just self appreciating! :)

If you missed last week's post, here it is , and I welcome everyone to keep doodling and sending into our gallery. I will keep posting them!

It also turns out that Time and Newsweek both posted stories on Doodling this past week! It seems that it is an activity that is not only fun, but can make us smarter too! :)

Please click on the links and photos to read about each person's experience. It is so inspiring!

Thank you for joining in on the fun and sharing it with me! Life is Art...Art is Life!

14 comments:

Manon said...

Everyone did such a great job! I've got to try this myself!

Sharon P Pope said...

These are all such fun! Thank you for sharing them in a gallery and featuring them on your blog, Melissa. I loved seeing what everyone else did, and I hope the gallery keeps growing.:)

Robin Pedrero said...

fun!

Pugsley and Lola said...

WOW there are lots of talented people out here!! I can't even draw a stick person:(

Keep up the GREAT work!!
XOXOXO
Heather & Pugsley

Unknown said...

How fun are these!!!

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Melissa,

First of all...I was without a modem for a couple of days and had no internet...look what I missed while I was away.

I simply love your new Pug painting below, The Pug Kiss is so sweet and endearing. This has to be one of my favorites. I love to see paintings of animal interacting. :)

These are awesome paintings by your friends and viewers..

Ruth

Peng Peng said...

Very Fun and Interesting post! My fave is 'meditating pug' :O)

Nevis said...

I'll try to do this! :) Looks like a blast!

The Devil Dog said...

Mom has been doodling since she could hold a pen, or pencil. I will have her do this and show you the results. :)
We love your Pug Kiss.

Roxy & Lucky

Molly the Airedale said...

What a great job everyone did! They're just lovely!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Moira said...

Melissa - I posted about your blind doodles on my blog today. I just love them!

http://dreamdogsart.typepad.com/art/2009/03/melissa-doodle.html

:)

Phyllis Dobbs said...

These are really great and amazing. Melissa, this was a wonderful experiment.

Unknown said...

Wow! I love all of these doodles, and I am so happy to read that doodling helps with memory. I doodled all the way through school, and it got worse (more doodles) in college!!! I am so glad to know it was good for me, after all.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Melissa, Everyone did such a good job. It's amazing the talent in everyone- Totally amzing experience.
love
tweedles