Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Journal Pages and A Treasury!


I got a whole stack of magazines and catalogs in the mail the other day, so guess what I did? I tore and cut them up and created new pages for my visual journal.

I think I used this month's Martha Stewart Living, LL Bean catalog and The Bark magazine. :)

Here are the themes that emerged for me this time...

Home - Colors and Textures

Crafts & Inspirations


Celebrating Senior Dogs

I just made a new Squidoo Lens (a how to lesson) on how I create my visual journals.

I often sit down for 10 or 20 minutes at a time to work in my journal whenever my new magazines arrive in the mail. It is a time that I set aside for myself to find and save things that make me smile and happy. I find that whenever I finish a page, I close the whole book and thumb through it from beginning to end several times. It is fun to see what pages I created previously as they are all things that I like and have meaning for me.
and I am so honored that my pug collage from my etsy store was selected to be in AmandaMonkey's Treasury. Check out her wonderful Dolls and Gocco Prints!


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Manon said...

Hey Melissa,
Congrats on your collage being selected! I love that collage!!
Journaling is so much fun and it's wonderful to go back and revisit old ones! You can just let yourself be free and see what happens!

Ruth Welter said...

Melissa, I really love your journals, they are beautiful.

Ruth

Laura said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Congrats on getting in a Treasury - how pawsome! And I think your "magazines" would be so much better - no ads!

Linda O'Neill said...

Awesome journal pages!

And a Happy St. Patty's Day to you from Linda and Maisie Rose "Margaret" O'Neill!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Congrat's on the treasury! You are becoming a hot commodity on Etsy. And lots of Happy St Patricks well wishes to you and yours.
Take care Melissa and thanks for sharing. =)

Liss said...

I like your journals.

Happy St. Patty's Day to you too and Emmitt!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats on your honour!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra O'Husky

Diane said...

First off, I LOVE the pug collage. It is wonderful! Your journal is also great. I am going to your tutorial to check it out. Happy St. Patty's Day, Melissa!
Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

oh wow Melissa!!! I have to create some of these...I can't remember the name of that book you recommended...something Entrepreneur...you make visual business plans...I have to get that book...but I can't remember the name....

Hugssssssssssss
Diana


The weather is wonderful here so we go out to the park each day for about 3 hours in the morning and an hour or so at night....it is so wonderful to be able to go outside and not freeze!!!

artpaw said...

congrats on the treasury! I recognize 2 of the artists on the bottom row ...very good company you are keeping over there.

The Devil Dog said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day. great journal!

Roxy, Lucky & Mom

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congratulations on your selection. Mom loves the Living magazine too, lots of good ideas but she just isn't that creative.

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Heather said...

how fun! hope you had a happy st patricks day!~

Sandy Mastroni said...

it's almost midnight here, almost over ... but
Happy St. Patrick's Day Melissa

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What fun that would be to create like you do! Someday- mommie would like to also.
someday

love
tweedles

Molly the Airedale said...

We can sure see that you never ever get bored, Melissa!
Happy St. Patrick's day to you and Emmitt!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch