Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pugs in Film: Valentino: The Last Emperor

Opening Today in selected cities:
New York City * Los Angeles * Chicago * San Francisco * Dallas


Emmitt and I are so excited to announce that the award winning documentary film, Valentino: The Last Emperor, opens today in select cities.

"It is a feature-length movie that takes the viewer inside the singular world of one of Italy’s most famous designers, Valentino Garavani. The film documents the colorful and dramatic closing act of Valentino’s celebrated career, capturing the end of an era in global fashion. But at the heart of the film is a love story: the unique relationship between Valentino and his business partner and companion of 50 years, Giancarlo Giammetti." They have six pugs who travel with them everywhere and are featured in the film.

Here is a clip from the movie...




I am excited to see the film as it takes a look into the life and career of a talented and inspiring artist who is also devoted to pugs. If you love art, fashion, Valentino or pugs, this is the film for you. Please let me know if you see it and what you think when you do. I would love to hear your review.

and... I have very exciting news! Dog Art Today his running a contest to win a limited edition movie poster from the film! Please click here to wish Dog Art Today a 2 year blogoversary and to enter the contest. A lucky winner will be drawn tomorrow, Thursday March 19th!

21 comments:

Mim said...

Pugs rule! One of my favorite movies was "men in black" where the pug was an alien. I laughed myself silly!!!

Manon said...

A film with everything one could want! I can't wait to see it!

Salinger The Pug said...

HOW COOL! Mom is all excited about this movie now....but is sorry she opened the clip with me in her lap because now I'm putting the pressure on for my OWN Pug Plane!!!!

Happy Hump Day!

Love,
S-Dog

Phyllis Dobbs said...

I would love to see the film. The pugs are adorable. Thanks for the link and I will be watching for this film.

Ritobear said...

OMG this is so cute! This might top Milo and Otis as my fav movie!

I do hope that this movie does not make people go out and get a pug without doing their research... unfortunately, that's what a lot of people do when movies feature a particular breed and then they don't want the doggie after the newness wears off...

Thanks for the link to the video! I'm going to link to your post on my blog! Hug that little Emmitt for me - I still want to squeeze the stuffin' outta him!

Liss said...

aww this looks so cute! I can't believe they have 6 pugs!

Moira said...

Thanks for the link, Melissa! The movie looks awesome. I will let you know if I see it.

:)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats!

Maybe the next film will be

SNOWPUGS!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Kelly said...

Hi M & E!

We have been away for a few days and just wanted to say HI! We are trying to catch up today. We missed you guys!

Too Cute Pugs said...

Mommy would love to see that movie! We hope it comes to our town some time.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Our Dad is a big movie buff - maybe we can get him to let us come along.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Unknown said...

oh how cute arethey all in a row like that....wonderful to see Pugs in film!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

hugs
Diana

P.s. I ordered that book...thank you for sending me the title...you are so sweet....

Leslie Moore said...

So, Melissa, how will you sneak Emmitt into the movie theater to see that line-up of wonderful pugs?

sherry carrigan said...

Awesome Melissa. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So cool Melissa! Of course a fashion mogul would want to have a puggy! did you see the picture of him with Gstaad? Can you imagine naming one of your pugs Gstaad? Obviously, I need to work on my bling factor.
hugs to you and EmmyPants
xxxooo

Clover said...

Oh cool! I love that picture of the pugs all in a row. :)
Thanks for telling us about this.
Love Clover xo
P.S. I am leaving an award on my blog for you tonight!

Unknown said...

You're always evolving with your art and continue to inspire me Melissa. hugs!

Edward Burton said...

His pugs are TOO MUCH!!! Thank you for sharing the video.

Edward Burton said...

His pugs are TOO MUCH!!! Thank you for sharing the video.

marianne said...

Oh This movie must be heaven for you!
Thanks for the clip!
I am behind with your posts......
Later today I will go to NY. Once back home I will catch up and look at your new collage which looks great, but it will look better on my big screen. here on my mini laptop I got a glimpse of them.....
See u later!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
thanks for the tip on this movie. My moms say they are far behind in what is going on in "real life" so we did not have a clue what this was abot- or even that puggies are in it. Now it will be a must see - one way or another! I read your post too late so i did not have time to enter the drawing- dang it! Next time
love
tweedles