Thursday, March 12, 2009

Friends Doing Fabulous Things!

I am so excited about the wonderful things my friends are creating. I wanted to share them with you.

The first one is my talented friend Linda O'Neill of Abby Creek Studios is now offering prints of her original paintings in her etsy shop for only $10 each! Look at the wonderful pieces I just got!

OJ
5 x 7 Print



Linda O'Neill
Milk
5 x 7 Print


Diana Evans
Bees

The second person I would like to tell you about is my friend, Diana Evans. She is an amazing artist with a heart of gold. She has started a new blog for her cause to help save bees. Please click here to see how you can help.


Portrait of Tweedles
Tweedles' Mom - Paulette

The third person I have to tell you about is Tweedles' mom, Paulette. Look at this wonderful portrait she did of Tweedles last week. I just love this piece. My heart just melted when I saw it. I love the colors, softness and love that just exudes from this painting.



Judy Mackey
5 x 5
Oil on wood



The fourth wonderful artist and friend I have to tell you about is Judy Mackey. I am so excited to share another pug portrait I recently got from her talented hand. You can see the other two dog portraits from her that I have in my collection. I just love the colors, richness and personalities jumping off of these little gems. I have them all over my house so that I can enjoy them wherever I am . This one lives on my desk.



Melanie Gonglach
Merino Wool Glove Dogs
ShopMoeMoe

And last but not least, I had to show you Melanie's new Merino wool glove dogs! I love the details she has put on them.
They remind me of two dachshunds, Bruce and Charlie, that we knew when we were 3. They were the first two dogs we ever walked. I will always remember them with a big smile on my face. Charlie was brown and Bruce was black with a round tummy that hit the ground when he walked. :)

What is your first memory of a pet? Please tell me! I would love to know!
xoxoxox
Melissa

21 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Way khool stuffs!

My khreations? I made a really nice mess of the bed as I nested it fur Wednesday evening's slumber!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Ruth Welter said...

This is a wonderful post Melissa...I recognize Linda's work anywhere. Lovely artists that you've shown here...

Ruth

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa!!! thanks for writing about this and helping raise awareness....you are always such an angel!!!

Hugs
Diana

Kelly said...

Melissa, you sure do have some talented friends! I bet they spend some time bragging on you, too!

My first memory of a pet was on my 4th birthday! My Dad surprised me with a Spitz puppy, and he had her in his pocket! She was a tiny little floof ball, and I was instantly in love. I have had a heart for animals for as long as I can remember.

Hope you and Emmy-poo have the best Thursday!!

Sharon P Pope said...

Fabulous work by all the artists shown, Melissa. You are such a generous and inspiring woman, and I'm glad I found you. Thanks for sharing these pieces with us and have a wonderful day. :)

Unknown said...

Such great work! I also love that portrait of Tweedles - his mamma's love and his gentleness really shine through.

My first pet was a chocolate lab named Buster. He passed away when I was very young - about three, but I have distinct memories of him, and the other day when I was showing a girlfriend some baby pictures I found one of me with Buster in the background - keeping watch over me like labs do with small children - we got another (black) lab named Casey after Buster and he was just as good a babysitter. I had him until we finally put him down my second year of college - he was 16!! They were both amazing animals.

Fannie said...

Great post, Melissa! Thanks for the links and the good info. Diana is the Queen of Hearts.

This post is a celebration of art and friendships. Excellent!

You are special.

JudyMackeyart said...

Melissa, thank you for mentioning me amongst all the wonderful and talented artists!! You really brightened my day!
Oh I love everyone's artwork!! Thank you for your sweetness - You are a great friend!!
Judy

The Devil Dog said...

Ohhh, mom really loves your new Judy Mackey piece. And she loves "Milk" and the wool glove animals. They are so cute. They have such character.

Roxy

Mare said...

Wow Melissa, everything looks fantastic! I think Katie might be contacting Melanie again! :)

Manon said...

Great stuff Melissa!!

Liss said...

Cool stuff!

I'm not sure I can say exactly what my first memory of a pet is because I can't remember pets not being in my life. The first two pets I knew were doggies, both mutts, both gorgeous. Rover and Cissy were their names. They loved me very much and I them.

sherry carrigan said...

What great finds! Love the glasses, have always been intrigued with how they are painted. On my todo list. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you dear Melissa.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Thanks for sharing your friends work - you are a good friend.

My first memory of a pet is little Blackie, Dad brought her home on the bus when I was only about four years old. He had her tucked in the inside coat pocket to hide her from the bus driver - she came from the local SPCA. She had a litter of pups, one of whom didn't make it, one who went to a neighbor, and one who went to my cousin's. Little Blackie died when she was very young but her two pups lived to be 18 and 19 years old - Pal and Teddy. I used to go steal little Pal from the neighbor's yard and hide her in my doll stroller when she was just a pup. The boys would be going up and down the street calling for Pal but she always stayed quietly in my little carriage. Wow, I have babbled too much here, but that is a very treasured memory for me.

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Melissy! Thanks so much for featuring my prints...you're the sweetest! I feel so lucky to have such a generous and talented friend in YOU:) xox

Diane said...

HI Melissa & Emmitt!
You are just the BEST! I love Linda's work. I check it out all the time. Who doesn't love Diana's pieces? She is fabulous. I believe this is the 1st time I've ever heard Tweedles mom's name. I love the pic she did of Tweedles. I wish she would do more.Not familiar with Judy or Melanie but I love their stuff, especially that oil on wood. xoxo Diane

Too Cute Pugs said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Sue

Molly the Airedale said...

What wonderful artists! They are all so very talented like you are, Melissa!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

It always feels like I've stepped into a fun party with lots of friends when I come to your blog Melissa! I love Linda's work and Judy's work and isn't Tweedley's mom amazingly talented too? All these artists are awesome and you really seem to attract happy people to you. It is contagious. Give Emmy pants big old gigantic Texas sized hugs for us!!!
xxxooo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa and Emmitt
My mama Paulette says she feels honored that you showed her painting with all these famous artists who are the "read dea;"! And we all wanted to let you know we have so enjoyed the wonderful memories that you inspired people to share on your bloggie of their first animals. And all these wonderful arts from all these artists are so grand! We wanted to squeeze those little jewels that Melanie made as they are so adorable with their little pockets. And we thank our lucky stars for you- that you have so much love - that you make the world go around. And now I would like to say- I would like a little pug kiss from your doggie in your latest painting.
love
tweedles

Unknown said...

Look at all of those wonderful pieces of art! You do have talented friends. Just like you!