Monday, June 10, 2013

Twin Sister's Art Retreat - June 2013 - Felted Houses!


Happy Monday Everyone!

Oh what a magical art retreat Melanie and I had together this weekend in the mountains!

I cannot wait to show you all the things we made!

I will break the projects up into a few posts so that I can show you everything!

We arrived to Melly's little mountain cabin on Friday afternoon and did not stop crafting until Sunday!

It was non-stop FUN!

The 1st project we created were these little hand sewn wool felted houses that we made from wool felted sweaters and scrap pieces.

We made a whole village!



They are so fast and easy to make!

We cut out the pieces on Friday night and started sewing them before bed.


We woke up with excitement on Saturday morning to start stuffing and decorating them!

Here are our houses in progress after starting to embellish them!



... and here are the 3 that Melanie made!






These are the 2 that I created!



Then on the way home to Boulder, we even stopped at Joann's Fabrics  to pick up some trim to put on some finishing touches!





See my owl peeking out of the back window? :)


Ta Da!

That was soooo much FUN that we are going to make a whole village!

The houses were just the first project we made!

I cannot wait to show you more this week!

How was your weekend?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

R-Chee & I cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee


5 comments:

What Remains Now said...

I am crazy nuts for these little houses. So cute! Can't wait to hear more.

Sketching with Dogs said...

I totally love your little houses, I am definitely going to make some for Christmas!
Lynne x

Noodles said...

Oh. My. Pug! It sure looked like you and your lookalike sissy had a whole lotta fun!!! The best times are family times, huh?
Love Noodles

Molly the Airedale said...

The little houses are just adorable! You and Melanie did an awesome job, Melissa!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Those little houses are just adorable and I can tell how much fun the two of you had! Thank you for sharing your excitement with us!
We just love these! And I see the owl!
love
twee