Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sister's Art Retreat June 2013 ~ Project 2 ~ Batiks!


Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am so excited to show you the second project that Melly and I finished on our twin sister's art retreat last weekend!

On Monday, I showed you the felt house village we created and today I will get to show you the batiks we completed together!

We started drawing them last month in our Batik 101 class and got to paint them together right after we finished making the village!

Please click here if you would like to see the process of how to make these easy, no mess, no wax, non-toxic way of creating batiks!

Melanie created this fabulous mountain bike scene and I made a bunny!









The photo above shows what it looks like before you wash and dry it...




... and this is what it looks like after!




Melanie is making hers into a wall hanging!


... and I simply machine sewed mine onto an old pillow cover that I had in the closet, and then hand stitched orange pom pom trim around it just like I did for my first batik so that they would match on the bed! :)


Ta Da!



I just loved how they turned out!

Melanie and I had so much FUN!

We even got to read our books a little, and I worked on my rug hooking for R-Chee's pug cave on the way home.

It is almost done and I will be able to show it to you soon!

We had such a blast that we have already planned another twin sister's art retreat for a weekend in July & August!

I know more Batiks & Felt Houses are planned and a special crochet project will be started too!

What FUN things do you have planned for the Summer?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

I cannot wait to hear all about them!

xoxoxox
Melissa & R-Chee


4 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Gorgeous! The pillows are perfect paired together.

Sketching with Dogs said...

Love them both, it was fun seeing how you made them.
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh they are both way tooo cool!
Love them to pieces. What a fun time for both of you.
love
twee

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We just love those!!! Its great to have a less "challenging" way to batik. Nice job M&M!

Now we need a R-Chee batick :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet