Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Whimsical & Wonderful Window Shades ~ Part 2



Hi everyone!


Happy Tuesday!


I cannot wait to show you what I have been crocheting this week!

As you know, Archie and I have been busy making a second bobble window shade for the upstairs bathroom.

Well, after we finished it, we quickly realized that the window in the stairway next to the bathroom needed something too!



See how plain it was!



Now it looks like this!


Ta da!

I just love how it turned out!


It really softens the look of the window and adds some color and texture!


My two favorite things! :)


I was totally inspired that very day by a free pattern I saw for a circle in a square afghan.


It was in my daily email from All Free Crochet!





I made 3 squares using my favorite Lion Brand Amazing Yarn for the circles and then used some fabulous wool yarn I found at Goodwill for $1 per skein for the outer square and border!

I had no idea what I would make from it when I found it a few months ago, but I knew I had to get it! :)


I think it was the perfect yarn to use to really make the Amazing yarn pop!





After I made 3 squares from the free afghan pattern, I blocked them with pins and some water to reshape them.


When they where dry, I sewed them together and crocheted a border around them and then blocked them again.


As soon as it was dry, I unblocked it and hung it! :)



I think it looks perfect with my second bobble window shade!



What do you think Archie?



Yippeeee!


He just told me he loves it too!


That was so much fun!

I love how one project just leads into the next!


After making all of my round bobbles, I started experimenting with making some organic shapes inspired by land and sea formations.


Later in the week, I will show you what I have made with these crocheted wool shapes!



What fun projects are you working on?


Please leave me a note and tell me all about them!


They do not have to be craft projects!


They can be anything that makes you smile!


New recipes, house projects, trips ... anything!


I want to hear all about them!


xoxoxo

melissa & archie

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your new valance is just beautiful and so perfect, Melissa! You are so clever!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Payton said...

The colors in your new shade are so pretty! My mom is in the process of sewing my a cooling vest for next summer. She'll post about it when it's done.
Love,
Payton

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Holy cow! We love the bobble shade! and the valance is very very cool too.

While they are very nice, I wish we could reach through the screen and love on Archkins ~ such a handsome young man!

xoxoxo
Meredith & Scarlet

The WriggleButts said...

Very cute! Did you use the Ikea belt/scarf hanger thingy for the bobble window shade?

Laura said...

Great addition to the window! Fun projects I'm working on? Newman is writing a Poop Book, and I'm helping him. Bet you didn't expect to hear that in a comment! LOL!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We think you have the happiest windows ever to be wearing such colorfil bobbles and valances!
The colors are so cheery, and remind us of happy bubbles!
What a beautiful view out that window!
So much magic your making..so many possibilties to share with everyone.
Oh,,, you and Archie inspire us!
love
twee

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh we love your shade, it goes so well with the bobbles!
Thank you for sharing the pattern and how to block, you are such an inspiration!
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx