Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Treasures ~ Fabulous Fun Finds!

Hi everyone!




I am so excited to show you what I just found at TJ Maxx!


I went in looking for picture frames and came out with an armful of treasures instead!




My first exciting find is now decorating my bathroom!

Can you believe this new valence is actually a scarf?


I am so thrilled with it that I had to share it with you right away!



After I made the bobble shade, I knew I wanted to replace the existing valence I had above it since the styles did not match.

Instead of just taking it down, I thought I would keep my eyes open and see what popped up in the weeks ahead.

When I walked into TJ Maxx, something pulled me over to the scarf section.

I am not sure why as I do not normally wear scarves, but I was enchanted by all the colors, textures and fabrics that I found.

My hands landed on this gorgeous felt scarf that twisted and turned and I thought...

Hmmmm... I bet I could wind this around the existing hardware I have hanging up there and try something new!

The window is not very wide so one scarf was the perfect length of fabric to twist over and under the bar and arrange the felt circles into this neat work of art!


Fred was pretty impressed when I called him in to see what I had found for less than 1/2 the price of what a new window treatment would have cost! :)



Score!


Archie made out on the shopping spree too as I found him this pug doll in the dog toy section for only $6 and I got myself this little wooden sign for $4!


Ta Da!



Archie was quite pleased.



I knew when he saw him that some ideas popped into his head too...



Oooo! A tiny pug minion to train under my spell!

Do you think I could get him to drop that tennis ball and deliver me snacks on the hour?


I will cast a spell on him by hypnotizing him with my spinning curly tail!


Gotcha! :)


Now I will whisper my favorite treats into his ear and he will think they are his own ideas!






... at the count of 3 you will awake bright eyed, bushy tailed and hungry my new little friend!


Tee hee!


I think my day just got a whole lot yummier!


Please leave me a note and tell me your favorite treats!


I will have my minion deliver them to each of you on command!


xoxoxo


Archie

9 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a brilliant idea! Your scarf valance works perfectly with the bobble shade.
That little pug welcome sign looks just like Archie - are you sure he hasn't been moonlighting as a model as well as a doll trainer?
Hugs, Lynne xx

Wilma said...

Oh boy, such creative uses for new things! I definitely think one of the buyers at TJMaxx is a pugsman!

Unknown said...

Archie Pants, this here is AnnieBee. I love your new toys and my mama is jumpin up and down and making funny noises about the curtain thingy ma bob your mommy bought. I think our mommies need to eat some fiber or something. Anywhoo, I was just writin to say I am pleased yew are collecting yew some minions. One can never have too many minions to do one's bidding.
love and kissies,
BeeBelly

Payton said...

My mom says that the scarf looks so great as a curtain. She was thinking that it would be neat to sew multiple scarves together to make it even longer...and maybe turn it into a curtain or something. Anyway, Archie, I think your new toy is awesome! My favorite treat that mom and dad let me have regularly is mango...yum!
Love,
Payton

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Only an artist like you could transform that scarf into a great window treatment - we think it looks wonderful there. And isn't it funny how some days you can hit stores like TJ Maxx and find nothing and another time, bingo, you hit the jackpot. Bet Archie is thrilled with that new little puglet.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Well, if you ever need a scarf that would be a cool one to wear, but it looks great as a valance!

And what a lucky puggy that toy is to have a new big brother in Archikins!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Laura said...

Love it - great thinking outside the box!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Archie you are so cute telling your new little puglet all your secrets, and having a good time playing! Does he eat much? What a great find at TJ MAX, and the new valance scarf is awsome.. It unique and looks so perfect hanging in the window!
love
twee

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

your minion is super cute archie!!