Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Melanie's Crochet ~ Circle Afghans


Hi everyone!

Happy Tuesday!

I am so excited to show you Melanie's latest crochet project she just finished!


It is a circle afghan she made from a free pattern she found on Lion Brand Yarn.


She has gotten so fast! :)

You can see her corgi, Moe, admiring it in the background.




Here is what it looked like when she started just a couple of weeks ago!

... and the most exciting news is she is making one for me too! :)


Look how cool!




I chose 3 chunky Lion Brand yarns:

I will keep you posted with photos along the way!

I am so excited!


I have lots of fun projects queued up for the new year!


I think I have no less than 6 new crochet patterns I cannot wait to start! :)


I also am so honored to be included in a Fun Blog Hop that will start this Thursday!


It uses the FLIP-PAL mobile scanner to create fabulous designs with items that otherwise could not be easily scanned with a desk top scanner.


Tune in for the next 5 Thursdays for fun & easy projects that I will create and show you how to make too!


What a fun way to start the year!


xoxoxo

Melissa

12 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How pretty the circle afghan is! Melanie sure is fast at crocheting!
We can't wait to see more progress reports!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We have never seen a round one before. Very nice. Mom just finished a simple scarf for one of the little ones - the smaller projects seem to go better for her. We can't wait to see your finished afghan.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Melanie, Moe, Ollie said...

Happy New Year everyone! Thank you so much for the nice comments! The pattern is super easy - all double crochets and you just keep adding each row to the count. 5 rows of each color. Very fun and it works up fast!

Thank you Missy for finding the pattern for me and sharing it on your blog today!

Love Melanie and Moe

Wilma said...

Very pretty aphgan. I love circular things, they are the best to lay on. Lot's of exciting things to look forward to.

Ritaestelle said...

Wow! You and Melanie just gave me a great idea! I was making an afgan for my granddaughter, Gianna, and I was not being careful and saw that it was becoming circular - lol - so I continued circularly with the intentions of making it into a poncho for her instead but now I think I am going to make it into a circular afgan!! She will love it!! Thanks for the great idea!!

Diane said...

Very nice! I like the round ones. Looks like Moe wants to lay down in the middle of it. xoxo Diane

Jess said...

I love how the finished afghan turned out! It's such a fun pattern. I can't wait to see how the second afghan will look; it's always fun to see how a variegated yarn will look next to solids. Happy crocheting!

With warm regards,
Jess H.
Lion Brand Yarn

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry khool!

Thanks fur sharing that with us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is gorgeous, bet you can't wait to get your afghan.
Such a lovely pattern too.
You can practically read Moe's mind - won't be long before he's curled up nice and snug on there!
Lynne xx

Paula said...

How nice! You two sure have the gift of crafting....must run in the blood!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Moe looks as pretty as the afaghan!
And it is splendorious!
I love the roundness too,, and the colors,,, oh my gosh,,, more magic!
Wouldn't it be fun to cuddle in it?
More fun in store for you Melissa
more fun!
love
tweeeeeeee

sweet limes said...

What a stunning rug, I can't believe it's crocheted. Wow. And you being lucky enough to be getting one....that's awesome.

sweetlimes.com