Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fun Summer Project ~ The Super Slipper Upgrade

Happy Wednesday everyone!


I am so excited!

Guess what?!

My slipper resoling project that R-Chee mentioned in Monday's Post was a complete success!

If you remember, last year I made two pairs of prototype slippers before finding the perfect design for my favorite green slippers that I made.

Here are the links to the first two that I liked, but they needed better soles to be a bit warmer & sturdier in their design...

I just finished updating them to be warmer, more comfy and indoor/outdoor ready so that I can get the mail in them and follow R-Chee out to the backyard to play!

Here are the two pairs of slippers with their new soles made and ready to sew on!

I used my favorite Lion Brand Yarns:
Wool-Ease Thick & Quick for the main part of the soles with an Amazing Yarn border.

After I sewed them on with my yarn needle to the existing soles I cut scrap pieces of leather and poked holes in them with an awl to lace through.

I decided to make just a few stitches in the center for a quick release & resew method for easy washing.

I also crocheted new tops for my first pair of slippers in the Amazing Yarn to make them warmer.

I found did not like all the holes on the top of the first design I made them in.

I just love how warm, comfy and indoor/outdoor ready they are now!


Now R-Chee and I are working on his retro rug hooking for his pug cave that I started last Fall.

We are almost done and will be able to show it to you soon.

...and I have another makeover project that I have started and will get to reveal in the coming weeks.

What FUN projects are you working on this Summer?

Have you planted a garden?

Please let us know and give us all the details!

We cannot wait to hear!

Melissa & R-Chee


Dip-Dip and the Bridge said...

They look great Melissa - good idea to make the leather removable to wash, it would look pretty yucky after it had come out of the water.
Lynne x

Mitch and Molly said...

They look so comfy, Melissa! We bet you never take them off!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You are so amazing! You make everything look like its easy to create! And whatever you create is beautiful!
We love the slippers all ready to put your feet into!