Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crochet Slippers Gone "Rogue"


Happy Thursday everyone!

Oh I am so excited to show you the new slippers I just made!

I purchased a great slipper pattern on Etsy and then had FUN tweaking it on my own to finish them off with a larger strap, crochet poppy buttons and a higher back to make them more "me".

I used yarn from my stash to make them which feels doubly productive.  Summer time projects are the best time for me to make room for all of the new yarn I want to try!






Ta Da!

I just LOVE them and cannot wait to make more!


R-Chee was there supervising my progress through every step of the way.

This is what they looked like after I finished the basic pattern before going "Rogue" and adding my Melissa Embellishments! :)


I do not need straps or flower buttons on mine momma!

I just need 4 plain ones!

What do you think about lime green?

Can I have 4 lime green ones?

Can you put pointy toes on mine so they can be elfy?

I want to match the magical gnome Auntie Melanie made for us!

Sure Archie!

I would love to help keep your pug feeties warm this Winter with some magical elfy slippers.

I just ordered some new GreenTea merino/cashmere superwash yarn that is coming in the mail from Lion Brand any day now.

I will get started on yours asap! ;)

How FUN!

xoxoxo
Melissa & Archie

6 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Love your slippers! They are so cute and the colours are fabulous.
The buttons are the icing on the cake, hooray for Melissa embellishments!
Can't wait to make mine.
Lynne x

Molly the Airedale said...

Your handmade slippers are just adorable, Melissa! We love the colors!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

LindyLou4U said...

AWESOME slippers, Melissa...I can see why Archie wants some of his own....great job, love the colors...do I sense the words "Christmas gifts" in the air???
xoxo

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Wonderful post ~ creative and beautiful slippers and a dog that 'steals the show' ~ a cutie ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Those are darling, and R-Chee definitely needs the pointy toe version :) And maybe Scarlet does too...

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh those slippers are so beautiful!
We love the little things you added and we love the happy colors.
They look so cute on your feet.
No wonder R-Chee wants some too- they look magical
love
twee