Thursday, August 02, 2012

New FUN Furniture Finds!


Happy Thursday everyone!
R-Chee & I did not mean to...

but we found the perfect furniture finds this week without even looking for them!

I always feel like those are the best kind since you can never find anything when you go out looking for it!



The first thing we found was this great 5 foot upolstered bench at TJ Maxx!

It was 50% off and as soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for our entryway!

It is so long and narrow that it even fits in the small space between the front closet moulding and the little half wall in the entry area without any overlap onto the moulding to make it stick out!

I had the pillows & rug there already for years on an old wooden bench that did not fit the space correctly, but i did not have a better piece to put there.

Until Now! :)

It looks like it was custom made for the space!

As you can see by his drive by pug tail in the photo...
R-Chee came to inspect it first hand or paw I should say!


It looks like from his reflection in the mirror that he likes it!


The second find I found was this neat wooden desk at a neighbor's garage sale on our early morning walk this weekend.

I like to walk Archie first thing when it is still the nice cool temps of the day, and I got first pick at all of her goodies!

R-Chee helped me to decide if I should get it, and he gave it a 4 paws up.

So we ran home and got our piggy bank out and helped out a neighbor before she moved and filled a little nook in our guest bedroom that needed filling. :)


I love it!

The top folds open just like our desks used to in elementary school!


R-Chee is excited too because it reminds him again that it is almost back to school time!

Even though we are not going to classes in the Fall, we love shopping for school supplies!


Here he is with his Back To School Mother Bear that he helped me to make earlier this week.


Remember everyone...

You are never too cool for school!

Learning something new is always FUN!

What is something you learned recently?

Did you read a new book, make a great new recipe or learn a new dance step?

Please leave us a note and let us know!

We cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

6 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Wow! That bench and desk are both very cool! Good thing they got tails approval from R-Chee, chief inspector :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Sketching with Dogs said...

They are gorgeous, what a find!
Lynne x

dw said...

Wow, that bench just fits perfectly! And that desk is really cool! You sure did get some great finds when you weren't looking for them - maybe that's the key; keep your heart open because you never know what unexpected treasure might be waiting around the corner for you!

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom's favorite store is TJMaxx. She can spend hours in there! Love the desk and it fits just perfectly!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Tweedles -- that's me said...

R-Chee
You are the perfect roll model for all of us. Your so very smart!
And your such a good helper to help your mom pick out good things from yard sales!!! What a wonderful desk!
And that bench- wow- what a find!
Missy you would be soooo fun to go shopping with!!! I just know it!
love
twee

What Remains Now said...

Oh, your new furniture finds are wonderful. I love to learn things. I hope I never lose that. Currently, e-courses are my favorite way to learn.