Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fabulous Felted Teddy Bears!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
I had to share this special batch of new felted bears Melanie just listed in her Etsy Shop!
They are handmade from cashmere that she felted and made into ornaments for only $10 each!






Oh my gosh! They are so cute!

Melanie's Holiday 2009 Collection also includes her new Wool Blanket Bears for only $12.50 each!
I love all of their expressions! Their eyebrows make me smile! She needle felts and embroiders each one by hand. They are 2 and 4 footed child safe made with natural materials.

Kris at Resweater is a fabulous resource for sweaters to upcycle. Please visit her shop and blog for amazing finds and projects!
She recently wrote a wonderful post about the before and after transformation of a raw sweater into one of Melanie's amazing bears!
How fun!
Please stop by and say hello to her! She would love to meet you!


I cannot believe it is almost Thanksgiving already!
Emmitt has been cooking up a storm!
I'm tellin ya, we are tripping over the piles of mini-meatloaves he is making and boxing up over here! He is busy addressing the boxes to ship to all of you. :)
I think he is watching too much FoodTV because I swear he is now saying Bam! and Yum-o!
Please stop by tomorrow because Emmitt has a special gift for you!

Gobble! Gobble!
xoxoxoxo
Melissa and Emmitt

22 comments:

Resweater said...

Thanks for the mention!

These bears are the cutest things :) Jack still loves his bear!

Lisa M Griffin said...

beautiful! thanks for sharing and happy thanksgiving!

Manon said...

Such beautiful bears!!!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend!!

manon
xo

JudyMackeyart said...

OH cute cute cute!!! I like that they are 4-footed child friendly... :)
Have a great day!

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa & Emmitt! Are you going to give some meatloaf to the little bears? I bet they would love some.

I can't wait to get my meatloaf in the mail. I'm off to wait by the mailbox so I can eat it as soon as it arrives.

Stubby xoxo

Liss said...

Great bears! Happy Thanksgiving!

Diane said...

Oh my, those bears are sooo cute! What a great job. I will stop by her blog.
Wishing you & yours a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxoxo Diane

Kelly said...

M&E,

Happiest Thanksgiving to you! We will be away from the computer for a few days, so we wanted to stop by and wish you a great holiday!

We love y'all! And we love those cute bears too!

xoxo
Pearl

Manon said...

Melissa....I'm also so very thankful!! We've known each other for two years now and your blog is usually my first stop every morning!! I value your friendship girlfriend!! xo

Sketching with Dogs said...

These little bears are gorgeous too, love the felted wool blanket one. Mum is attempting amigurumi for the first time... oh dear, it's not going well!
Wags and kisses, Dinah Bridget and Elliot xx

Peng Peng said...

those sweater bears are adorable! I love the green one :) she's putting the sweaters to good recycling use!!
Have fun cooking pre-thanksgiving!!

xoxo

Puglette said...

the bears are so cute! you can just see how soft they are.

emmitt, just watch out...we don't want you to get chopped!
happy thanksgiving!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

GAIL said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU, MELANIE AND YOUR FAMILIES.

Becky said...

Those are so cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

Becky said...

Those are so cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandy Mastroni said...

LOVE the bears
and Happy Thanksgiving Day to you too Melissa
and Emmitt and Fred and Melanie too

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, those bears are so cute - nice job, Melanie.

Happy Thanksgiving, the OP Pack

Hank said...

Hi, Melissa and Emmitt!

We hope you have a yummy Thanksgiving!

Love,

Sarah, Becca, Hank and Molly

Dana Orsborn said...

Great bears! I would like to put one
of these on my Christmas tree!
I hope you have a great
Thanksgiving Melissa!
I'm sure Emmitt is
going to get some
tasty snacks!

-Dana & Penny

Paula said...

You and your sister Melissa are so creative. I love seeing what the two of you come up with. Cute!

Unknown said...

holy smokes Melissa!!! you and your sister are like little busy elves this season!!! I love these cute bears!!!

what fun!!!

Hugs
Diana

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What adorable little bears.
They are so lovable looking.
We wish you and Fred and Emmitt and Melanie and family a wonderful thanksgiving. We are thankful everyday for the gift you have given us in knowing you!
love
tweedles