Monday, November 09, 2009

Pomp-A-Doodle Yarn!


Happy Monday everyone!

Melanie and I had the best time at our Craft Weekend!

Not only did we crochet and sew all weekend, but we also shopped in Granby, a small mountain town up the road from Melanie's house.

I have lots of pictures to show this week you of what we worked on. :)

But today, I want to share the fun new yarn I found at the little quilt store we always stop in.
It was the first thing I saw when I walked in the door. My eyes got really big while I grabbed it saying "Ooooo, pom pom yarn... I must have this!" :)

It is brand new from Red Heart called Pomp-A-Doodle. It is so much fun to work with and comes in 7 colors! All you do is knit or crochet the yarn between the pom poms to pull them close together.

Here are 2 videos on how to both knit and crochet with this cool yarn.
It is the perfect thing to make cute, fluffy collars for my new Mother Bear bears I am working on.






Here is my pink bear so far. I was so excited to show you the collar I just made, that I did not even embroider her little face on yet! :)

I love finding new fibers to experiment with. It is so exciting!
The timing was perfect because I was just thinking to myself before we left the house to go to Granby that I wanted to make new kinds of collars for the bears, but I did not know what to make.


I am so excited about this yarn that I am going to buy it in every color!

I will have to make something for Emmitt with it. He was such a good boy while I was away with Melanie. He was sound asleep and snoring when I got home.

He must have been busy because I found the whole house spic and span clean with the aroma of meatloaf in the air.


I wonder where all those mini meatloaves went! Could he have eaten them all?

Please let me know if he told you what he was up to while I was away. :)

Have a super day everyone!

22 comments:

Manon said...

I adore your pink bear!!! So perfect!!
I went to see Alex at Ohio University yesterday... it was a beautiful day and drive!!

Happy day Melissa!!

manon
xo

Nancy at the Farm said...

That is really neat yarn - it would be great for a hat for Emmitt. And no, he did not send me the mini meat loaves. I am starving. Let's leave it at that!

Love, Dozer

Candace Trew Camling said...

Its interesting that you say its fun to work with, because the second I looked at the preview picture for this post, I thought, " Wow, that looks like it would be a pain to work with!!"

Of course, I don't know how to knit or crochet, so what would I know!

Its really pretty though!

Candace Trew Camling said...

Its interesting that you say its fun to work with, because the second I looked at the preview picture for this post, I thought, " Wow, that looks like it would be a pain to work with!!"

Of course, I don't know how to knit or crochet, so what would I know!

Its really pretty though!

The WriggleButts said...

What fun yarn! I have noo idea what Emmitt's been up to, though.

Bajas

Puglette said...

the pom pom yarn is so cute on the bear! it really finishes the collar in a fun and cute way.

(whispers to emmitt- your secret is safe with us!0
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Anonymous said...

Love that pompom yarn! I tried crocheting with somethign similar.. it was almost fuzzy and ... yea.. it didn't turn out. Well me not counting the rows to make a blanket didn't really turn out. Myabe I will try again. :)

And I know nothing about any meatloafs.. *whistle*

Melanie, Moe, Ollie said...

the yarn is magic! can't wait to see their little faces :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cute! Looking forward to all the projects with this yarn. :)

agent99 said...

Mom always says "nuthing better than a new quilt shop1", whatever that means...

Love
Gen & the Foo

GAIL said...

All I can say is that Kong still has meatloaf breath!

Unknown said...

oooh, That bear is going to have an awesome personality! So cute.
Lynn

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What khool yarns!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that yarn. I wonder how difficult it would be to make scarves. My little granddaughters would just love them. Thanks so much for sharing your fun find.

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom is just loving this pompom yarn! Imagine all the fun you can have with it! We can't wait to see what else you do with it, Melissa!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa! I have no idea what happened to all the mini meatloaves (wink, wink). I'm not surprised that Emmitt was such a good boy while you were gone but I bet he really missed you.

That yarn is so cute that I told Mom that she should learn how to crochet or knit just so she could make me something. She just laughed at me.

Thank you so much for the cute note and button. I love them and am keeping them close to my heart.

Stubby xoxo

Too Cute Pugs said...

That yarn is so cute! We can't wait to see what you make Emmitt with it.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Leah said...

love that collar!!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
The yarn looks FUN!
Can't wait to see what you do!
By the way,,,,,
A big fed ex box came to my house full of meatloaves- Emmitt was trying to share - he has such a kind soul.
And a little pug button came too!
Mom and I will take turns wearing it.
That was a mighty big heart and kind sould too.
love
tweedles

marianne said...

Wonderful addition to the bears. I bet this yarn would make lovely sweaters as well!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

The pink bear is the BEST! I hope you made something for poor Emmitt. I will not reveal what went on while you were busy crafting and shopping. Us guys stick together (even if I'm the kind of guy that likes pink bears!)
xoxox Paco

Melissa, you are absolutely the QUEEN of crafters! If there's an award for this - YOU should get it. Those momma bears are adorable!

Unknown said...

that is some cool yarn!!! and your bear is amazing!!!

Hugs
Diana