Friday, November 27, 2009

Meet My Friend Leann!

Happy Friday everyone!

I want to introduce you to my friend Leann.

She hired me over 20 years ago to work in her frame shop in Michigan and she never got rid of me! :)

She and her wonderful husband Mark came to visit us this past August and we had a blast!

Leann has taught me so many things over the years. She is a master carver and book binder was the inspiration for me to learn both how to carve my stamps and make journals.

I was so excited to receive a package from her last week. Look what she made for me!

A hand carved stamp of Emmitt with gorgeous prints too!










I ran right out and framed them!

Aren't they amazing?

Leann not only handcarves stamps, but she also makes fabulous fabric dolls, watercolors and much, much more that you can purchase in her Etsy Shop, Wiccadoo, and her blog.
Please stop by and say hello! She would love to meet you. Just tell her "The Short Framer" sent you. She will know who that is! :)
xoxoxoxo
Melissa


16 comments:

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Melissa!

These stamps are so great!
They're little pieces of Emmitt pug art. Leann is very talented. I'm going over to her shop and blog to check
her creations out.

-Dana & Penny

Leann said...

How very, very sweet, Melissa! When we were framing I would misplace my ATG gun, my point gun, my glass, my frame, but never my short framer. Mark and I am so very, very happy to have you and Fred in our lives. Wonderful hosts, and even better friends. Thank you.

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

LOVE the stamp of Emmitt! That was very sweet of her.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Beautiful stamps ! Nice to have wonderful friends.

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Melissa! Wow that's a very cool gift, and the stamp looks EXACTLY like Emmitt!
Happy Thanksgiving,we are so lucky to have met you!

GAIL said...

What a wonderful, talanted friend!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How khool!

So many talented furiends woo have!

Tanks fur sharing them!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Laura said...

What a special gift, and how fun to have Emmitt as a stamper!

Molly the Airedale said...

Leann sounds like one talented lady, Melissa! We love the Emmitt stamps!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Hank said...

Those look awesome! Very cool.

Hank's mom

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
Leann is a very talented friend.
You two are like 2 peas in a pod!
How exciting to get a nice surprise gift from her!
The stamp looks identical to Emmitt.
A very talented friend!
Love
tweedles

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa!!! what a wonderful friend...and I can see why you both stuck together for so long....She sent over some wonderful stuff...

Hugs
Diana

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Have a great time with Leann, those stamps are fantastic!
Lynne, Dip-Dip, Bridge and Elliot

Ruth Welter said...

Hey Melissa,

What wonderful goodies your friend has sent you....just beautiful!!! I hope you and Fred and little Emmitt had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Ruth

artpaw said...

What cool friends you have!!!
Love the stamp. You know I adore the pals I have that totally get and encourage our obsession with the Scotties. It is so great to have friends that "get you" and share your love.

marianne said...

What a nice post!
It is good to have good friends!
The stamp is soooo cool! And really Emmitt! It is amazing!
The picture of you 2 together is so nice!

Have a nice day Melissa!