Friday, January 16, 2009

Facebook is Fun!

Have you joined Facebook yet? It is so fun to connect with old and new friends from around the world. I love how blogs, Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook all connect us but in different and fun packages.

If you are on Facebook and would like to be friends, please invite me!

I also just created a Pug Notes Fan Page on Facebook which is a forum for people to share photos, stories, ideas and get the latest and greatest news from the World of Pug Notes.

The Crafted Webmaster has written two excellent articles this week explaining :

the differences between Facebook Profiles and Fan Pages and also the differences between Fan Pages and Groups.

If you do not know about the Crafted Webmaster blog and newsletter written by artist, Nicolette Tallmadge, I highly recommend it. She is an expert in Internet Marketing for Artists.

I really enjoy reading her newsletter, blog posts and tweets on Twitter.


Pug Notes Fan Page:


Please join in on the fun!

Emmitt even has a Dogbook and Dogster page you can join if you would like. :)

Jump right in if you have never joined one of these groups. I find them to be fun, engaging and you can do as much or a little with them as you would like.

What are some of your favortie social networking groups? I would love to know!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

15 comments:

Pug Posse said...

Mommy and Daddy call it CrackBook because they end up spending so much time sitting there at the computer!
Pug hugs and kisses!
The Pug Posse

Salinger The Pug said...

AAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAAA! We were going to say the same thing as Pug Posse!

Melissa...WARN people that Facebook is addictive much like crack (or so I hear), Starbucks, and those little peanut butter buckeye balls that I am blaming for these 5 Xtra holiday pounds!!!

Happy Friday!

Laura (Salinger's Mom and Facebook Addict)

Heather said...

what a neat page!~

Kelly said...

Hi Melissa! I just added you as a Facebook friend! How fun! :)

Manon said...

Cool page Melissa! I don't know if I could keep up with anything else....lol!

Anonymous said...

I am not a memeber of Facebook. This post is really good for me to get to know facebook better and how it works. Thanks for sharing and it does look like so much fun there! Have a restful weekend!

JudyMackeyart said...

Melissa - Facebook has been tremendouse fun. I found a h.s. alum who lived not far from me! It's a great way to re-connect and keep in touch!

Too Cute Pugs said...

I agree! Facebook is a lot of fun. I have reconnected with a bunch of old friends. It's great!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

As always, FURRY khool and KHUTE too!

Facebook khan be lots of fun but my mom khan get lost on there!

Happy Friday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

Our sissy has been trying to get mom to join facebook forever but mom says she already spends way too much time on the puter reading blogs!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Candace Trew Camling said...

Facebook IS fun! I love that so many people are joining it too, because its really fun to look at pictures of people's lives and their friend, as well as their interests outside of art. I love looking at the pictures with you and your husband or family. (While I am slightly embarrassed about some of the pictures posted of me during my bachelorette party!) Facebook is one of the best networking tools out there! Its sort of addicting though too, I have to monitor myself and how much time I spend on there...otherwise, an hour can go by!

Linda O'Neill said...

Thanks for the great info, Melissa. Hope you, Fred and Emmitt have a fun weekend...looks like we'll have a few warm winter days...yay!xox

marianne said...

I did it ! Beside make an account and add you as a friend (which we already were) I became fan (which I already was!)

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for referring people to my post...I'm a fan of your page too!

artpaw said...

Facebook is clunky and hard to navigate. I do use it and love keeping up with my husband's family via facebook. I get overwhelmed by the gazillion little badges, and offerings. People may send you virtual flowers, doughnuts and other virtual stuff ...sorta silly.
I do enjoy hearing from my artist pals over there and posting to people's "walls" on occasion. I am never really sure what happens when I sign up for a group or other thing at FB ... I guess I just do not understand it all yet.

I totally salute you for digging in and making the most of it!