Monday, January 19, 2009

More Blind Drawings of Pugs ...


I love this exercise in doodling. It is so fun and uplifting to close your eyes and draw without lifting your pencil and then to open your eyes and to see what appears.

I used my inktense pencils and a little bit of water on a brush to color them in and got this cute little group of active pugs!


Try it and see what happens. It is so fun!
I have gotten such a nice response from these drawings that I wanted to share them with you.
I have created them as a set of 10 note cards in my Etsy Shop. Each pack has 5 of my swimming and dancing doodle designs & envelopes with Free Shipping in the USA. :)





Thank you so much for all of your wonderful feedback. You all make this journey so fun! :)

18 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

With your eyes KHLOSED?

YIKES!

Wow!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Mare said...

I think they are adorable!

Leslie Moore said...

What cute little guys!

Anonymous said...

They are sooo cute! Love your paintings. Have a great lovely day!

Manon said...

Wonderful exercise! I love those Inktense pencils!!

Kelly said...

Oh Melissa, your talent always amazes me! The ONLY thing I can do with my eyes closed is SLEEP! :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful Melissa, they really appeal to the heart. I knew an artist in Santa Barbara who produced what he called "refrigerator paintings" that were childlike but full of fun images and bright colors, like these. He was very successful. There is a deep connection when art comes from the heart.
sending love and warm pughugs...

artpaw said...

Fresh & innocent...I love these. What a fun class you are taking! You always inspire me to play and be more creative.

Molly the Airedale said...

They're wonderful and you eyes are closed! We just can't believe it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Laura said...

I'm telling you, your drawings with eyes closed beat mine with eyes open hands down! Let's see, can I use any other body parts in this comment? LOL!

The Devil Dog said...

Those are such adorable cards. Their personality jumps right off the page at you.

Roxy

Leah said...

super cute!! do you print them on your own printer?

Ritobear said...

Your drawings are all so cute and adorable!

Diane said...

Hi Melissa,
I love rhese little guys. They are just adorable! Hugs, Diane

sherry carrigan said...

I just love these and they make me smile really big each time I see them.

jennie huettel said...

Very cute and creative! I'd love to see some other breeds as well! =)

Genie Sea said...

So whimsically adorable and fun! I love their expressions and the vibrant colors. These cuties JUMP from the page. :)

Too Cute Pugs said...

Adorable! I can't imagine what would come out if I tried to draw with my eyes closed. LOL