Monday, May 21, 2012

New Pug Painting (A84) ~ He is NOT with Me!


Happy Monday everyone!

I had so much FUN creating a these silly pug buddies for you to enjoy!

They were inspired by all of the smiles you have shared with me of your pugs and dogs enjoying their Barkclava dog hats this year!

I titled this one ~ He is NOT with Me!

I see the obvious excitement & glee in the eyes of the lucky puggy who just put on his new hat with his embarrassed brother standing right next to him feeling mortified. :)


A pug expression can say 1,000 words!

Much like sweet Mitzu who proudly wore her new sweater vest while her cousin Libby looked deflated in the background that she did not have one yet. :)


After her mom saw her face, happily Libby soon got one too!



I took photos for you as I painted to see the painting pop to life!
Here is the pencil sketch on wood of the 2 brothers...



I cannot wait to get started!

First, I start with the fur and some of the shading.

Next, I go in for the darker shapes and the expressions start popping in like magic.



Now it is time to choose the colors for the Barkclava and background.

...and finally the muzzles and smiles get painted!


I think their mouths really give away how they are feeling!


Do you think so too?

Now the final lines and wrinkles are added.


and Voila!

Pug Painting ~ Design A84

He is NOT with Me!

Is complete!


These funny brothers are now pug design A84 on my website .
It is now available for you all to enjoy on all of my products where you can choose the design.
Now you know what I did this weekend! :)
 
Archie and I are so excted that so many of our friends met this weekend in Milwaukee, WI at the Milwaukee Pug Fest and were also a part of the 1000 Pugs Art Book Shoot!
Please leave me a note and tell me all about your adventures!
We cannot wait to hear!
xoxoox
Melissa & Archie

12 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That painting really tells a story, it just makes you smile!
We completely love it!
It was interesting to see how you create your pictures, especially painting on wood which we have never seen.
Those puggies look very cute in their sweater vests.
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Molly the Airedale said...

Your newest painting is just too cute, Melissa! We love it!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

I LOVE pugs! Your paintings is so cute!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We love to see your process M, so very cool!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Laura said...

So much fun to see the process of your paintings, Melissa! This one is really cute!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Those expressions! Priceless. :)
Cute cousins too.

carol l mckenna said...

Your painting is excellent ~ so full of expression ~ lovely ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

Currie Silver said...

What wondrous expressions, yours AND theirs!!

The Daily Pip said...

That's really adorable and it does totally tell a story! Happy Monday!

Your pal, Pip

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I think the other puggy will have a happy face when he gets his barkclava hat too, and can show how beautiful he is!
I just know then he will say- "I am with him", but right now you are right!!!!! Right now he says "I am not with him"
tee hee hee
love
twee

Unknown said...

I have rottweilers...and I have this obsession with pugs. If I couldn't have rotties, I would totally go pug. I think it's a secret thing that most rottweilers have a soft spot for pugs. I know more people with both pugs and rotties under their roofs. Great work!!! :D

Tamoonstone said...

You painting is really awesome and you Pugs and super cute! You have captured their expressions beautifully.