Friday, May 23, 2014

New Pug Drawing & Collage ~ Bw21 ~ Now available for you to enjoy!


Happy Friday everyone!

Archie and I are so excited to show you the NEW Pug drawing and collage we just finished before the holiday weekend!

We now have it available on PugNotes.com for you to enjoy both as note cards and address labels

I took lots of photos of it as I made it to show you!


The first thing I did was to sketch Archie in pen & ink while he sat on his bed patiently waiting for me to take him for an afternoon walk.


The next thing I did (after Archie's walk of course :)) was to scan my drawing into the computer and print it in a larger size on card stock to make a collage with it.


Then I brought out some magazines and catalogs and ripped out 3 pages with the colors and textures I was thinking about as good "paint" colors to use to "color in" the pug and bed.

Why only use 3 pages you may ask?  

I have found that I get overwhelmed by too many options.
So to keep the project FUN & flowing along, I just ripped out 3 that I liked.

You can always go back for more if you decide you are missing something. :)

After I chose my pages to use, I ripped them up into little pieces making color piles to pull from.

Using a little paint brush and my Liquitex Matte Gel Medium to glue down the little pieces, I started filling in the color with different textures and tones...







You do not have to sit and finish this project all at once.

Remember to always stop and come back to it later the minute it stops feeling FUN.

It means you need a break and to step away. :)

Remember... life is supposed to be FUN and that means if it stops feeling good... it is time to switch gears and do something else until you feel like coming back to it. :)



Ta Da!

Here is a close up of the PUG!

As I was creating my collage, I thought it would be a neat effect to leave some of the details as illustrated instead of collaging everything.

You can do whatever you like!

It is your creation!

There are no rules to art, FUN or life!

Remember to enjoy the journey and the result will be happiness that flows into the next thing and the next thing and the next thing... you do through out your day!

What do you have planned for Memorial Day weekend?

Please leave us a note and let us know!

We cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoxoox

Melissa & Archie

2 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

SO great!!!! We love this!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love your collage!!! We think it might be fun to try too!
and have some fun!
love
twee