Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Fun! ~ How to Make Favicons



Happy Friday everyone!

I had to share this fun thing I just learned how to do!

Have you ever wondered why some websites have cool little icons in the browser tabs and url bar when you visit them?

Well, it is as easy as copying and pasting a little string of code that refers to a picture you upload to your website.

I found a free service that allows you to generate and download a Favicon from any of your pictures and also gives you the string of code and directions to upload it to the root folder of your website.

Ta Da! It is like Magic!

I turned my two logo images for Pug Notes and Dog Art Studio into little Favicons!

Aren't they spiffy?

I know... the silliest things make me happy! :)

Speaking of happy...
I think Emmitt is preparing for a big event!
Two semi trucks just pulled up filled with mini meatloaf pans, ground beef, ketchup, balloons, a huge blow up swimming pool, slide, lounge chairs and a rock band!

Oh my gosh! My little puggy is up to something!
Do any of you know what this could be for?
Please leave me a note and let me know because all Emmitt does is smile when I ask him! :)

xoxoxo
m & e

11 comments:

Salinger The Pug said...

Ok...mom's head exploded with all that techy stuff (hahaha!)

Hmmmm...we think Emmitt is organizing a big pugmunity service project to feed hungry pugs. He deserves a medal for his efforts!!!!

Love,
S-Dog

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Oh we know nothings....nothings we swear.

We love the new icons...we aren't computer savy at all and this is a great idea for the blogs!

S&P

Apollo said...

That's very cool.

Ummm...maybe he's working on a construction project to remodel his bedroom...and the workers brought their own food, music, bath, and nap pods?

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How cool - we will have to paw Mom to check that out - we always have trouble getting all of us close enough in a photo to be able to use them for stuff like that.

That reminds us again, we need to get those photos to you.

Have a great weekend.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Happy friday Melissa and Emmitt!!!

Those kinds of things make my Mommy smiles too. Thanks for sharing that! Too Cool!

Is Emmitt up to planning our big May partypalooza???
(hee hee)

xoxoxo Josie, Izzy and Anakin

Kelly said...

Auntie Melissa,
I have NO idea what Emmy is up to. Salinger is probably right.. some kind of community service project or something!!

* top secret note to Emmitt*
Hey Emmitt! I can't wait for the PARTYYYYY!! Wheeeeeee!!!


xoxo
Pearl

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing!

AND

thanks fur sharing it so furry well too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
I think that a new "pug american idol" is auditioning in Colorado
so I think he is getting a bunch of food for the hungry contestants.

And that is a very cool thing to learn- if I had a half a brain- I could.
love
tweedles

Molly the Airedale said...

Emmitt must be extremely happy because mother's day is coming! yes, that's it!
The favicons are great, Melissa!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lisa M Griffin said...

Very cool and great marketing tool as well. Thanks for sharing Melissa and have a wonderful weekend.

Hank said...

Melissa, honey......in the immortal words o' Colonel Klink: I know NAH-THINK!!!