Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Model Train Show 2010 ~ Denver, CO

Hi everyone!

Fred and I had a fun weekend. We left the pug at home and went to Denver to see the Model Train Show.

It was huge and packed! It is so much fun to see people of all ages enjoying an art that is truly amazing.

Look at the realism people can achieve!


Here is Fred looking at a Z scale display.

Fred's model train is in HO scale and he was impressed with all the detail you can achieve in such a small space for the Z.



There was so much to see and buy that Fred decided he did not need anything right now and just wanted to see the possibilities from the models that were set up.

I totally get that. It was alot to choose from, but how can you turn down a sale on clump foliage? :)

If you missed my post on us creating trees from clump foliage last year, click here. It was so much fun!

Here is a short video on two model trains passing each other with sound and everything. :)

We had a fun day and now Fred has a lot of great ideas he wants to try on his landscape.

I will keep you posted on his progress. I think the lake complete with fisherman is next. :)

What are some of your favorite hobbies? Please let us know! We would love to hear all about it!

Have a super day everyone!

xoxoxo

m & e

13 comments:

The WriggleButts said...

Left the pug at home??? LOL! Very cool, Melissa! And yes, who can resist clump foliage??

A

Smushie Ranch said...

Wait a second? Emmitt was left at home? I hope he can forgive you...We're sure cookies will be involved.

Shannon and the Gang

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

We have a train that we've yet to be able to put up at Christmas as the dude still likes to put things in his mouth too much. Ah ha ha

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That must have been so much fun. There was a great train display at Union Station here for Christmas. I am always impressed at the detail too. Keep telling myself, need to get back to work on that dollhouse:)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Left the pug at home?

That is just wrong!

Just wait until 'the pug' paws woo bakhk fur THAT!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Thanks fur sharing your train show pikhs!

Kelly said...

How fun, Melissa! It's so fun to see you and Fred enjoying the arts together! You two are a killer combination of creative people!

Next time, I demand that Emmy Pants gets to go, ok?

xoxo
Pearly

Manon said...

It's such a great hobby for Fred! I bet that was a fascinating show! Seems like you guys had a great time!!

Hank said...

Melissa, honey.....now that DOES look like a good time but how could ya have fun without Emmitt??

I'm with you. Boy howdy, who could resist a sale on clump foliage?

As far as hobbies go, my mom used tuh sing with her lady-singing group fer a lotta years, but that's kinda gone tuh the wayside fer now. (That's where she got all them STOOPID songs she sings tuh Molly an' me!)

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fun time you and Fred must have had at the show, Melissa! Maybe Emmitt can go next time!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Paula said...

I bet the Model Train Show was awesome. When I first came on your blog and seen the picture of a train coming through the tunnel before reading the post title, I thought it was real. The possibilites are endless, Fred should have a blast!

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa! I can't wait to see the trains when I go to Colorado this spring. Hopefully Emmitt will give me the pug tour.

I'm sure Emmitt didn't mind staying at home while you guys went to Denver. He probably just slept and dreamt about mini meatloaves!

Stubby xoxo

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! Cole would love this!!! wonderful post Melissa!!!

Hugs
Diana

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those are some great displays. Glad you both had a fun day out, Fred looks in his element - how many treats did you have to give him to drag him away, lol!
Lynne xx