Thursday, February 18, 2010

Melanie's Crochet Projects in Progress

Hi Everyone!

Happy Thursday!

Emmitt here!

I am so excited! My Auntie Melanie has been crocheting up a storm! Yup... I think she is hooked just like my mom!

As the unofficial, official Ambassador to the Mother Bear Project, I am excited to introduce Melanie's Bears in progress...






Look how fun and colorful they are!
My mom cannot believe how fast Melanie has learned how to crochet.
She just showed her how to make the arms for a few minutes this past weekend and...
Voila! In a blink of an eye, Melanie made them all arms and hands in one evening!

She is so fast that Auntie Melanie is already planning her next afghan. It is going to be one large granny square that is 47" x 47". Here is the free pattern from http://www.lionbrand.com/ .

Look at the pretty wool she just bought!

I have been busy teaching Moe how to get all tangled in the wool yarn as she crochets and to strategically sit on the ball so there is no slack!

He is a natural! It must be that fluffy Corgi butt.

If you would like to learn how to be a teddy bear ambassador for the Mother Bear Project too, I will be holding a huge party ... um... *workshop* the first week in May while my mom and Auntie are in San Diego and Seattle at the Pug Parties there.

More details to come in the coming weeks!

I am so excited! Please leave us a comment if any of your doggies or kitties would like to attend!

xoxoxoxo
Emmitt

12 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

My goodness, your Aunt Melanie is a natural. Those little bears are fantastic. The children of the Mother Bear project will be so happy.
Love the wool for the afghan, it is very smart.
Lynne xx

Mare said...

GO MELANIE!!!! Another crochet addict! It's all good, right? And Emmitt, did you happen to teach Thistle Bella how to get her legs tangled in my yarn as i was knitting a bear last night? I wonder...that has never happened before in all of her 17 years as the resident cat here...Hmmm....could she be reading your blog??!!

Laura said...

Way to go, Melanie! And Emmitt, you would be proud of Newman. He likes to take the yarn and run up and down the stairs with it - he calls it "art"!

Winston Wilbur said...

We luv to see Emmitt posing with all the products. He is such a natural!

Harry Pugalicious said...

You gots a really talented family, Emmitt! That's really nice of you to teach Moe how to helps out your auntie :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, she is a natural!

And i love the colors for her new afghan!

Stubby said...

Hi Emmitt! I would love to attend the workshop in May. I've been practicing my singing and I think I'm almost ready for my solo.

I can't believe your Aunt Melanie is crochet crazy too. I'm sure Moe is looking forward to helping with the afghan.

Stubby xoxo

Anonymous said...

omgoodness! these are adorable! :)

Gage said...

ah! i love those! they look durable too. melanie is talented!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

This must be Melanies bear hospital!
Looky at all of them. They are so cheerful, and I can tell they are all excited to get all put together.
Emmitt I bet it was fun to teach Moe to tangle the yarn (tee hee hee)
love
tweedles

GAIL said...

Sorry Emmitt, Kong has to stay home this May. I'm trying to get his aunt Diane to come to Seattle for a visit so that we can go meet your mom and Melanie at the Seattle pug party!

ocmist said...

Those bears are so cute! I'll bet we could destuff them in just a few minutes! Mom says that if she got one, she'd have to put it WAAAYYY up on something high so we couldn't get it. I take it that those are for little kids? I'll bet they LOVE them!

That is beautiful yarn... Mom hopes to see what is made from it! OC and the Corgi Country Crew