Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pug Hand Puppet!


Surprise!

Meet Emmitt the hand puppet!

I made him on my mitten loom this weekend and he was so fun to make!


I first knit him on the mitten loom just like I would make a mitten, but I made two thumbs for his arms.


Then I crocheted his tail, ears, eyes, nose and muzzle and collar to make this funny character.



oooo! Now that I have a face I can see the storm blow in!




Wow! Look at that lightening!



I had better get inside and just hang out in the office!

What a fun project!



The new hand puppet is a big version of my finger puppets that I love to make for my Etsy Store.




Speaking of fun dog art and etsy stores, my good friend Linda O'Neill just opened a new etsy store for her dog art!

Introducing... Abby Creek Dogs!


Linda and her studio assistant shepherd, Miss Maisie also have a wonderful blog, website and etsy shop for her abstract and still life paintings.

Please stop by and say hello! They would love to meet you!


Now I have to go and keep my eye on Emmitt.

He is baking up a storm... mini meat-loaves, pup-cakes and cookies for his birthday party on Saturday. I have to make sure that most of what he is making ends up on the trays and not in his tummy.

He cannot wait to see all of you!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

24 comments:

Manon said...

The hand puppet is so darn cute Melissa!!
I'll stop by Linda's new Etsy store!
have a great day!
-manon

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

That is adorable, I love the hand puppet!

Pug Posse said...

The hand puppet is really adorable!

Hope Emmitt is a better cook than Eddie ;-)

Pug hugs and kisses!
The Pug Posse

Sue said...

So cute! Love the tail...
xoxo
Sue & Roscoe

Linda O'Neill said...

Thanks missy...you da best!

Love the hand puppet...you are SO very talented!

Diane said...

OMG...this is just adorable, Melissa! I love it. I am going to check out Linda's store now.
Hugs, DIane

Jill Beninato said...

Those puppets are hysterical...so much personality!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

The hoomanpaw puppet is khute BUT Emmitt is still khuter!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Just adorable!!

GAIL said...

Very cute pug puppet. I swear your talants are endless!

Nevis said...

Awesome! LOVE the handpuppet!

Molly the Airedale said...

How adorable! And the puppet even has a tail!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Nevis said...

Melissa....check this out! Pretty cool!

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/07/mini-crochet-baskets.html

Phyllis Dobbs said...

Hi Melissa, your puppets are abdorable! That's such a cute idea.
Phyllis

Liss said...

Oh he's super cute!

Kelly said...

Emmy Pie,
What do I need to bring Saturday?? Cookies? Ice cream??

Becky said...

I like the finger puppets too! Clever idea!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

My grandkids would love those puppets. Tell Emmitt to rest up for the big party.

lizzy said...

That is super cute. Noah is still loving his Emmit every day!

Frances Louise said...

Oooo, what is Emmitt baking? Can he send me some?

Very cute puppet-mitten . . . is it warm?

Laura said...

So cute, Melissa! As usual, you are amazing!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
That is mighty cute! What a great idea. Look at that adorable face!
I can see that on my head- to keep my ears warm!
I see those beautiful clouds but you better go make sure Emmitt is not stuffing it all into his tummy as you said!
Can't wait for the big party
love
tweedles

Mare said...

Oh i love the new hand puppet! Especially his profile! I adore my little puggy finger puppets i bought from you,too...

Leah said...

Oh my goodness, the puppets are SO cute!