Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fun Finds and an Amazing Gift!

I Love Yarn!

All kinds make me happy... acrylic, wool, cotton or fun specialty blends are all wonderful!

Whenever I see it I go right over and touch it. Fred said he can just see my face light up as I go over to the display.

Yarn and craft stores are great places to find yarn, but have you ever shopped for it at thrift stores? It is so fun! You just never know what treasure is waiting for you.

We stopped by the Boulder Humane Society Thrift Store this weekend, and I found all of this wonderful acrylic yarn for only $2 a bag!

One skein of this yarn in a store is about $2.79, so most of it is FREE. :) I can make lots of great squares, rectangles and bears for charity with it knowing I also helped the Boulder Humane Society raise money to help their animals.




And another wonderful thing happened last week, I received a package from my friend Sherry Carrigan.
She made me this gorgeous Pug applique pillow and sent it to me as a surprise!

I was jumping for joy when I opened it! Her pug applique, craftmanship and fabric choices are amazing!
Sherry is so talented! I love seeing all of the art she is constantly creating that she shares on her blog.
The pug is one of many breeds she is making into applique patterns for one of her friends.
Please stop by and say hello! I know Sherry would love to meet you!.




It is perfect in our family room. Fred, Emmitt and I just love it!
Thank you again Sherry!

I want to thank all of you for your friendship, support and generosity every single day! Your comments, feedback and votes for our fabric design mean more to me than I can tell you!
xoxoxoxo
Melissa

17 comments:

Mia said...

You are a wonderful person and deserve all the love and support that we can give you.
As for the thrift store finds, mommy gets excited when she finds beads in unexpected places too!! She says it's like finding a hidden treasure!!

Laura said...

It sure is fun to find goodies like the yarn at thrift stores - and you're helping out the humane society too - a bonus! Love the new pillow. Emmitt makes a perfect Vanna White - LOL!

Checkers & Chess said...

good deal on the yarn! we'll vote again!!!

Stubby said...

What a great find with the yarn! And that pillow is adorable. Emmitt looks like he really likes all the pug stuff in the house. I hope he keeps it out for the party because it will add to the festivities!

Stubby xoxo

Nancy at the Farm said...

We went and visited Sherry, what a cool blog she has!

You guys are so talented, sewing, knitting, painting and more!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

One never knows what can be found at a thrift store - you found a great buy. How is the train display coming along?

Unknown said...

That is really cute Melissa! Has Emmy tried out that pillow yet? Howie said he can demonstrate how to chew the corners of valuable furnishings if needed...
xxxooo

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love thrift stores for all kinds of artsy things, you never know what you will find!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a khool post!

Tank woo fur sharing all of that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

GAIL said...

What a thoughtful friend. The pillow looks so cute in your couch. I'm off to visit her blog.

ps - I've been voting every day!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful pillow that Sherry made! She is very talented!
Mom has never thought to go to a thrift shop for yarn! You're so clever, Melissa!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

Send me your addy Melissa. I'm going to look through my stash and send you my extra yarn! hugs!

Manon said...

Lots of great yarn Melissa! Looks like you'll be busy for a while!

Jan Mader said...

The pillow is beautiful. Love your blog. Please come visit!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

HiMelissa
We have been VOTE- VOTE VOTING every single day, haven't missed a beat! We want YOU to WIN.
That is a great find- all that yarn. I am sure you have some nice little organized cubby holes for all your finds.
That pillow is just precious. Wow, what a friend! You are so lucky, and I am sure she feels the same way.
We are lucky we have you!
love
tweedles

Puglette said...

i love thrift store yarn finds! our local goodwill stores have fabulous finds. ilove the excitement of finding a big bag of yarn in good condition and taking it home to see what's inside. your new pillow is so sweet, what a nice surprise. and i am so glad you enjoyed june's patterns!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

marianne said...

I love it how Emmitt is always willing to pose!
Lovely finds and gifts!!!
The greatest one is in front of the couch!!!!!!