Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Pottery Class 101


Good Morning! I am so excited! Melanie and I got to bring home some of our pieces from our pottery class we started 1 month ago. I will have 5 more of my pieces to show you soon, and I will get some pictures of Melanie's wonderful work too. She is a really talented sculptor. She would just grab a glob of clay, start pinching and molding and within minutes, she would have a perfect sculpture of her Corgi, Moe. As she was doing all of this, I was still squishing the clay into a ball. :) I promise pictures soon.

Here are the shots of my first pinch pot, slab pot and pug. I am very happy with all of them. Mudslinger's studio in Louisville, CO is the coolest place ever. If you ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend taking pottery classes. It is fun and relaxing to stick your fingers in some clay and make something 3D. The objects are beautiful as well as functional. I like that there are several stages in the process and they transform after every firing or glazing.


No comments: