Friday, October 19, 2007

Notebook Covers


Happy Friday!

Remember a few weeks ago when Melanie and I went to the coolest quilt fair ever, and bought a ton of fabrics that we did not know what to make? Well, today, I made notebook covers. The first one I made is out of the pre-quilted fabric I bought and made the sewing machine covers out of. It looks good, but the second one I made is even better! It is made from 3 scraps of vintage polka dot fabric that I pieced together into a rectangle and then made into the cover. I got the idea from a pattern in a cool sewing book I found from Taunton Press called Sew Stylish. I love this little sewing book. It has a ton of quick and easy projects you can make in an hour or two. It is also the book where I learned to make those cool felt pincushions I have been posting.




Tomorrow, Melanie, my friend Jodi and I are going to learn how to weave scarves on a loom at a wonderful yarn store in Boulder called, Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins. I will of course show you what we create.

No comments: