Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fun Fiber Art ~ Circles Table Runner


Happy Wednesday everyone!

We are having a whimsical day here today!

R-Chee and I have been having so much FUN making cotton circle washcloths from the Free Pattern we found on Lionbrand.com!

We chose our favorite earthy colors from their rainbow of choices of Lion Cotton and started making them in different sizes.

Before long, we had so many, I decided to crochet a matching mustard yellow border around each one and sew them together into a free form table runner for the top of my antique dresser.




I just love how it turned out!

It is so much FUN to start a project because it I am inspired to make something and then give it a brand new look in the end without ever having a plan of what it will be or look like.

The whole project was a magical journey from start to finish!

What FUN things have you been creating in your garden, kitchen or craft room lately?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

I cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoxox
Melissa

5 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is so unusual and a very unique way of recycling a project - makes a perfect runner.
I am still making my cushion.
Lynne x

Molly the Airedale said...

Your table runner is just beautiful, Melissa! We love the colors!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Very cool! Love that!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Thank you for taking us on the creative journey Missy!
We love how you started out on a little path, and it turned into a big path- with a magnifcent view where you can see forever!
What a fun journey!
The wash cloths are beautiful and the table runner is just gorgeous.
love
twee

The Daily Pip said...

Aren't these fun! Love all the beautiful colors.

Your pal, Pip