Monday, April 01, 2013

New Pug Painting ~ Meet Hot Lips!


Happy April 1st everyone!

It is April Fool's Day, and R-Chee has me looking out for his pranks & jokes today!

He is always making me smile and doing silly things, but today he is wearing a paper crown with the words "King Cool of Fools" stapled on it!

Oh my goodness!

I had so much fun this weekend painting a new puggy for you to meet!

I titled him/her "Hot Lips" because I love how not only does he look like he wants a big kiss planted on his forehead, but also because the lipstick raspberry background was just calling out to surround this cutie patootie!

It is now available to put on any of my products for you to enjoy!

I took lots of photos for you to see the process of him springing to life from sketch to the final touches of paint. :)










I just LOVE how it turned out!

Each painting I do is special to me.

I just never know who will appear or what they will say!

This one reminds me to that we are all connected!

Just as we are each looking for our next step, others around us are too, and we are all here to enjoy our journey together!

R-Chee is always gazing up at me to see which way I am about to go.  

Little does he know... 
He is always my guide to smiles & joy!

Have a super day everyone!

xoxoxox
Melissa & R-Chee



7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Hot Lips is beautiful, Melissa! You are so gifted and talented!
Happy April 1st!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Payton's mom said...

Love the name and your beautiful creation! Archie, be nice to your mom today and don't fool her too much, ok?
Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Oh your pug painting is so adorable and well done ~ Wow! Great work ^_^

Unknown said...

wow - this is amazing. That dog looks incredible!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love what you said-
' we are all here to enjoy our journey together'
and you showing us how to have fun is so special to us.
We love this new painting- it speaks lot of words.
love
tweedles

Mare said...

i think this is my most favorite of all your paintings...Wait..I say that every time you paint a new one! hahaha Happy Easter, Happy Spring my friends. Love to you, mare

Meredith LeBlanc said...

MWAH!!!!

♥♥♥
Scarlet & Meredith