Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just in time for the Holidays... A Wool Poncho

Happy Thursday!
I love this great pattern I found on Lion Brand Yarn for the ponchos I have been crocheting this month.
The two ponchos I made for charity turned out so neat that I wanted to make one for Melanie for the holidays.

We had so much fun going to our favorite yarn store last week to pick out some thick wool yarn.

I just finished it last night, and I just love how it turned out! It is very soft and warm.

I cannot wait to give it to Melanie.





The fringe adds the perfect touch!

I also put a row of bobbles in the yoke for a little contrast and texture.



Ta Da!
Sorry about the blurry picture. Emmitt sneezed while helping me snap it. :)
I am going to start mine tonight and hopefully have it done next week to show you.
I am so excited that I either made or bought handmade gifts this year for the holidays. Etsy makes it so fun and easy to find the perfect things.
What things have you made or found this holiday season? Please leave a comment and/or a link so I can see! I always find the best links from what my friends find! :)

Emmitt has taken over the blog for tomorrow's post so please come and see what the little bugger is up to!
Have a super day!


11 comments:

Manon said...

Cool poncho! Does Melanie read your blog? lol!! She'll see her gift...lol!

manon
xo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We LOVE that poncho. Did you use the homespun for this? And the fringe is great - looks like a chain stitch. Mom has never seen fringe like that, guess she will have to register for that site to get the pattern.

Melanie will love it.

Woos, Thunder and Phantom

Laura said...

Adorable! And I guess if she helped you pick out the yarn, it isn't too much of a surprise - especially when she stops by and sees this post - LOL! I heart Etsy too!

Unknown said...

oh so cute Melissa!!! what a fab shawl!!! and I bet you are the one that picked up that pug sardine tin ornament!!!

Hugsssssssssssss
Diana

Kelly said...

What a cute poncho- and such a thoughtful gift! There is nothing better than a handmade gift!

I just found a gift for my dad on Etsy. It's a piece of art- a bass fish (he fishes)! I love buying things that I know directly help the talented people who make them! I love Etsy!

xoxo

Paula said...

Oh how nice, I love ponchos!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Mare said...

Melissa that is absolutely beautiful! And please tell Emmitt i am sneezing a lot lately too and said "God Bless You!"

Nevis said...

I am curious like Manon...does Melanie read your blog? Won't she see the gift?!!

GAIL said...

It looks so cute on!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
The poncho is sooo cool.
We love the colors and the fringe.
It looks like it was made with love, Melanie will love it.
It will be so warm- and FUN.
love
tweedles