Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Sneak Peek and The Prize Winner!

Happy Monday everyone!


I wanted you to be the first to see the next "Go-Over" sweater I am crocheting for the Knit-A-Square Charity in South Africa.


I love the colors! I actually have the body finished, and I am just working on finishing the sleeves.


I will be able to show you the completed sweater this week! :)


I am having so much fun making these wearable blankets for the children. I already have the yarn picked out for my third sweater. :)


Speaking of yarn, Melanie and I just went to a drop spindle class at our favorite yarn store to learn how to spin our own yarn!


We had so much fun and I will show you all the pictures of our yarn and what I made with it tomorrow.


and without further adieu... The winner of the Pug Fabric Button Giveaway is...

Kathy Peterson

Congratulations Kathy! Please email me your address, and I will get them in the mail to you immediately!


What fun!


Do not fret if you did not win this time. I will have another Fabric Button Giveaway soon!


Thank you all for playing!


Happy last day of Summer!

14 comments:

Mare said...

Oh Melissa! I have wanted to learn to work with a drop spindle for a few years now! I have a few spindles that i bought thinking if i have the tools, the teacher will come! hahaha So far, no teacher, but i look forward to learning more from you and Melanie. I have started crocheting squares for the Knit a Square group, and want to make sweaters too, but am having a hard time lately finding quiet time to get things done. This too shall pass...Your posts inspire me to keep trying! Thank you my friend! Happy Monday!

Laura said...

Adorable sweater! And again, remind me where you found 4 extra hours in a day? LOL!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry nice kholours!

The house where Mom's Brittany passengers spent their overnight had trim kholours like that!

Khongrats to your winner too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Kelly said...

The sweater is looking great! And congrats to Kathy!!!
I hope you all had a perfect weekend!
xoxo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Love the pattern of the sweater - is that a popcorn stitch?

woos, the OP Pack

GAIL said...

Fabulous colors! I can't wait to see the completed result.

Puglette said...

you are so clever! that sweater looks like it will be another winner.

i am excited to see your adventures with the drop spindle class, it sounds really fun. lots of people do it on ravelry.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

The WriggleButts said...

The buttons are so cool! My mom bought a spinning wheel when I was a kid, we made a little yarn with it, but mostly it's only decorative. It's HARD to use.

Ane

Fannie said...

hi, melissa. your heart and art must cover the entire earth.

Jeanne said...

Melissa, the sweater is great. You do keep going, you are incredibly talented. Love, Jeanne

Mia said...

Love the colors for the sweater. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Lilo

Manon said...

Excited to see that sweater!
Do you know what I miss about being out here Melissa?
Opening your blog up first thing in the morning...lol
I'll be back to normal by Thursday! : )

Hank said...

Love those buttons!

Sarah

dw said...

I love the purple color!