Friday, December 07, 2007

Altered Book Class - Week 2

Happy Friday! It is snowing today! It is so beautiful!


Yesterday was warm, dry and 60 degrees for our altered book class. We had so much fun. I remembered to bring my camera. I took lots of pictures of everyone's books and smiling faces.


We learned how to carve windows in the book pages to embed objects, sew pages together with ribbons and beads and create transfers with xerox copies and contact paper or packaging tape.
The examples below are some beautiful pages from one of Bobbie's many amazing books.

We had so much fun! I cannot wait to work on my book some more this week. I was able to carve out a deep window and mount a pug charm I bought on Etsy. I also transfered one of my carved pug images. I cannot wait to put the finishing touches on these pages. I will keep posting pictures as I create them.

Here is my book so far. I think It will probably have a pug theme. No big surprises there. :)




Here is Melanie's book. She has a sea theme running through this book called Gifts from the sea. She mounted shells in her book and painted with sand paint to create a beach in her book! I have never heard of sand paint, but our wonderful teacher, Bobbie has everything!



Here is Briggs working on her book.




Here is Sam working on her book ...


and Bobbie's kitty, Patrick, enjoying our company and his favorite chair.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like great fun, Melissa. Patrick certainly seems to be having a good time! ;-)

kari and kijsa said...

So much fun...we are with Patrick, though...love to curl up on a comfy chair!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Moira said...

Art, animals and a snowy winter's day...Perfect! Stay warm : )

Nabeel said...

the book in the third picture (left) .. very nice to see that. I love books with cut out things in them and hand writing and such :)

shnaggy said...

hi melissa and emmitt,
i love what you do. am so eating my heart out! i wish i can do pug art next year. it has been at the back of my mind for so long.
i'll come visit your blog often. see yah.

Anonymous said...

You take so many awesome classes, Melissa... I am envious!

The books are beautiful. Congrats. :o)

Jen

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

The altered book class looks like a lot of fun. Wish we had something like that around here. Beautiful.

Four Pugz