Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The IKEA Denver Fieldtrip!


Hi everyone!


Happy Happy Tuesday!


I am so excited to say that IKEA Denver is finally complete and open!

It took 3 whole years from the time they announced the news to open their doors.


Celebration! Melanie and I had our sister IKEA shopping spree last week!


We have had fun going to the San Diego and Seattle IKEA's together on our pug show trips and now we can actually buy 3 dimensional items that do not have to fit flat in our suitcases!




Here we are entering the showroom!



and here is the loot we got!


Look at that big box!


It is holding my new...








and I could not resist these cute mod pillows to prop up my pug dolls!


Tee hee!







and of course, no kitchen is complete without an IKEA scrub brush!


I love that it stands up with a suction cup base!


No more soggy scrubbies!

Yippppeeee!


Now Melly and I can go anytime we want!


We had the best time and I cannot wait to go back!


What are your favorite IKEA items?


Please leave me a note and let me know!


I cannot wait to check them out!


xoxoxox

Melissa

11 comments:

Salinger The Pug said...

EEEEE! We LOOOOVE Ikea! Does yours have a PET department? Mom got me some awesome stainless bowls with CROWNS embossed in the bottom (for the prince that I am)!

Her other favorite thing is the CAN OPENER, cheap placemats, and all the fun cookie cutters they have (and change up with the seasons!).

Did you get meatballs? Mom even saved me some once and they were AWESOME!!!

Love,
S-Dog

P.S. Kisses to ArchiePants!

The WriggleButts said...

Our favorites are the stuffies! *big grins*

Gummi & Bajas

tubby3pug said...

Those pug dolls look awesome with the pillows.
I am not too crazy about the NJ Ikea, mostly because of the LINE!!!!!

Kitty+Coco said...

Oh we LOVE Ikea. Our nearest one is 2 1/2 hours away, but we go often. My fav. is the chocolate! Swedish chocolate is cheap but amazing!!! Seriously it is worth the drive at Thanksgiving to get the yellow box called "Paradis". Also, you can't beat their prices on beds.

Molly the Airedale said...

Believe it or not, our mom has never been to Ikea.
You and Melanie look like you had a blast shopping though!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom is so jealous - she loves IKEA but they turned down Kansas City for a store:( One more reason to get to Denver now. Love those pillows.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

dw said...

We've had an Ikea for several years, but it's only been about the last 2 years that I've been going there. I love love the Besta bookcases! Then again, I've got lots of books... I also agree with S-Dog, the meatballs are da bomb! :)

Hank said...

Melissa, honey.....that looks like a cool store.

But tell me....do they sell huntin' gear? Food????

The Daily Pip said...

IKEA is so much fun! I actually really like their candles. The scent lasts a really long time. I also like their pillows and rugs and just about everything.

Your pal, Pip

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You got some good loot for sure!
The yarn table is cool and the bright pillows!
Oh yes,, the scruvvy brush, and chair- wow this store was waiting for you and Melly to come visit!
We have never been to one.
love
twee

Sketching with Dogs said...

We love our Ikea here in England, everything is just that bit different.
Congrats on getting one in Colorado and don't spend all your pennies there, lol!
Hugs, Lynne xx