Monday, November 01, 2010

New Yarn Painting ~ Sleeping Pug

Happy November everyone!

I cannot think of a better way to start the month but with two of my favorite things...

Yarn and a sleeping puggy!

I am so excited to show you the new yarn painting I just completed inspired by my pug painting A14.

Here is my pug print glued on my piece of wood.

I have started working on the pug and outlining the bed.

I just love how it turned out!

The texture and softness of the yarn makes this puggy look even more cozy curled up in his bed.
I have both a signed print and note cards of this fun new work in my Etsy shop for you to enjoy!



Emmitt thinks it looks just like him!

What fun things do you have planned this week?
Please leave us a note and let us know!
We cannot wait to hear all about it!
xoxoxo
m & e

18 comments:

Joan Princing Art said...

Melissa - your yard art is WONDERFUL. I absolutely LOVE it.
Have a fun day!
Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

It captures the life of a pug perfectly!

Rowena said...

That is pretty cool. Awesome

ELLIE said...

absolutely beautiful - I have never seen anything like that before - it is wonderful.... I cannot wait to see what else you create this month...AEDM

Beverley Baird said...

Such a cute subject - lovely work!

Unknown said...

holy moly Melissa!!! wow!!! wow and wow!!! this is so cool!!!

Laura said...

Adorable, and I think it might be Emmitt!

Judy Hartman said...

This is so sweet - I don't think I've ever seen anything like this!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

We agree Emmitt it looks like you sleeping!!

Sweet dreams cutie pie!

Shannon said...

super creative! yarn is near and dear to my heart.

Molly the Airedale said...

It's just beautiful! Your mom is so super talented, Emmitt!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Leah Virsik said...

Super cute! and I enjoy seeing your process of making it as well.

Leah
www.leahvirsik.com

Leah said...

Oh my, I love this!!! Great effect with the yarn!

Morph Waffle said...

That is very cool, love it. Found ya through the AEDM challeneg, I'll have to come back and see what else you make.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa and Emmy
This yarn art is sooooo gorgeous , that we cannot tell you how gorgeous,,,, except,,, yes ,,,its Emmitt. We want to hug him.
This is so sweet. Wouldn't it be so nice to have this one hanging by a bed? Oh sweetness for sure.
Thank you for sharing and we cannot wait to get started on our project, and of course,,, we will show you.
love
tweeeeeeeee

Christiana ✾ Χριστιάνα said...

It really looks so alive and beautiful... Never seen such art before!!!

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Very original, never seen anything like this and I really like it! Thanks for sharing through AEDM

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Very original, never seen anything like this and I really like it! Thanks for sharing through AEDM