Monday, August 02, 2010

Pug Sculpture Collection

Happy Monday everyone!

Thank you so much for coming to Emmitt's 14th birthday party!

We had so much fun with all of you!

Emmitt is happy to report that all 14 of The Mother Bears are on their way to the children right now.
The Priority Mail package was harmonizing and doing little flips in the mail truck as it pulled away.
What a happy pack of birthday bears!

Speaking of happy, we wanted to share our special pug sculpture collection with all of you today.
I found a wonderful artist and now friend, Beth, on Ebay several years ago and we are so happy to tell you that she has opened a new Etsy shop, filled with her gorgeous creations!

She also has a new blog, twitter and facebook fan page!

The birthday puggy on a cupcake at the top of this post is a new creation made in celebration of Emmitt's 14th birthday!

We were so excited to have found Beth again!
Back in 2006, she created the puggy below for us in celebration of Emmitt's 10th birthday!

We have always loved this sculpture to remember when Emmitt hit 2 digits and now he is a teenager already! :)

Boy time flys when you are having fun!

Speaking of flying, we also bought this sculpture at the same time as it reminded me of Emmitt and Gilbert together!

Here are a few more we purchased in 2005 & 2006...

...and I am so excited to say that this flying puggy is on its way to my home as we speak!
I cannot wait for it to arrive!

Isn't it precious?

Please check out Beth's fabulous art and say hello!
I know she will love to meet you!



Emmitt had such a fabulous time at his party that I let him sleep in today.

As you can see, he is snoozing after breakfast while waiting for the lunch bell to ring. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

xoxoxo
m & e

18 comments:

Cocorue said...

happy belated Emmitt,

understand why you will be tired after such a wonderful day BUUUUUT why are you NOT sleeping on your mumster's Beautiful pug beds?????

i've been wanting to have yr chi bed but they wouldn't send without the cushion ( just too expensive to ship with the cushion as we just loooooove the cover!)

chikisses
coco

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those sweet little bears will make such a difference to those childrens lives.
What great sculptures, you will have to rename your house Pug Manor!
That was quite a party, thanks for the invite.
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We were all quite tired after the party too and hope to get an extra nap in this morning. Teenager Emmitt sure knows how to throw a wild party.

Those sculptures are all so nice, what a nice collection of mementos you will have for years to come.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Punchbugpug said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Emmitt!!! We are so sorry we missed it, but Punchy was under the weather and not blogging....

Looks like he had a grand day! LOVE THE SCULPTURES! I have decided to give my family a list of my fav etsy sites and have them do my Christmas shopping from them!

Have a great day!

The Daily Pip said...

Gosh, I thought that was a REAL cupcake! These sure are cool sculptures. I will pop over to her blog and say hello! I especially LOVE the sunflower pug!

Your pal, Pip

Laura said...

Emmitt - what a fun party, and you look pooped! I hope your week is relaxing. What a fun puggy collection.

BriannaBlueStudio said...

Oh my gosh Melissa! You are the sweetest! Thank you sooo much for the wonderful blog post about my sculptures! It has been so long since I have seen some of those designs-I LOVE seeing them again:))) As I've said before-I am so glad we have reconnected. I am honored to be on your GREAT blog!
MANY thanks and hugs!!
Beth

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Emmitt - you throw the best parties!! The mini-meatloaves were delicious.

Those figurines are adorable! We are going to tell mom all about it and have her check it out :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Nap away Emmitt you deserve a day off! Also we love all the sculptures of puggies how cute!

Hugs,
Sequoia and Tuni

Kelly said...

My darlingest 14 year-old Emmy Pie,

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness... I am just in a tizzy. I have been off of the internet for 5 whole days while momma was sickies. AND I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY?! And the PARTY?! And the MEATLOAF? And the chance to celebrate YOU!??!

Oh, I am so sorry. I hope you already knew that I would have been there if I coulda and that I think you hang the moon!

Happy (late) birthday, sweet boy!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxo
Pearly

Lisa M Griffin said...

awww, he looks so precious on his bed! Happy belated birthday, looks like a fun time for all.

artpaw said...

A belated Happy B-day to Emmitt, wow 14 years young! Love your pug sculpture collection.

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Emmitts!!
We's just hads just so much funs at yous paw-Tys yesterdays!! So much funs!!

We loves yous in yous little beds..so cutes!!

ooooo!!! Guess what we's got in 'da mails today!!!! We's post tomorrow!!!! We just love Beth's sculptures!! They are so sweet!!

Oh and Emmitts.. {Josie Blushings}
You is sooooooo sweet!!!! I send kisses to yous sweet face!!!!!
{shy to say...but she's smiling at his comment}
Hugs and Kisses,
Loves,
Izzy, Anakin Man, and Josie..heehees

Puglette said...

it was a lovely party yesterday! i love all of the little pug sculptures, but the flying one is my favorite. it's just so sweet and free. what a happy little pug floating through the air. makes me think of a talking heads song.
i really like emmitt's big orange bed. that looks very comfy!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Those are inkhredibly pawesome skhulptures!

Thanks fur sharing!

Thanks fur letting Emmitt sleep in - he was khwite the pawty animal!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Nancy at the Farm said...

E, you don't look a day over 10 years! We hope you had a fabulous birthday. We love your sculpture collection and we signed onto your friends Facebook page. She is soooo talented (kind of like someone else we know whose name starts with a "M").

Love, Dozer and Cooper

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Emmitt and Melissa
I had to sleep in today also after all that wonderful partying.
I think your so cute Emmitt , laying on that little bed,
We love all those sculptures too.
They are adorable . We especailly like the flying pug one too.
Those little bears are going to be making some happyness very soon , when they get to their new home
love
tweedles

Chicas Libelulas said...

Feliz Cumpleaños Emmitt!
We hope you had wonderfull pawty!!!
Bechos
Spongy & Licky