Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Pug Painting - The Smiling Pug - A75

Hi everybody!

I am so excited to share the latest pug painting I just finished.

He is a Smiling Pug and he makes me happy!

Look at those crooked pug teeth!
Last week I showed you the process of how I create my paintings, and I thought it would be fun take pictures along the way of this new one while I was in the flow...
Pencil sketch on my Hemlock Wood Panel


First layers of fur and shading have begun!


The expression is starting to come to life!



Next step: The Smile!




Oh he is coming to life!




Next steps: The background and fine lines...



I think the blue makes him pop with a feeling of a sunny day!


and the final lines just finish him off.



Ta Da!


He is now officially Pug A75 on my website and can be put on any of my products that you can choose the design.
Thank you for sharing in the fun!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
xoxoxo
m & e

15 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We love the Puggie smile! He makes us smile! Great job, Melissa!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Apollo said...

Very cool process. Love the smile!

JJ Lynne said...

Your talent amazes us! I have a photo of JD smiling and this looks just like him! Beautiful work, as always <3

Diane said...

What a wonderful job! He is sooo cute with that sweet smile!
Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Wonderful Melissy - your work just radiates joy, just like you! xoxo

Kelly said...

Oh, I love him!

he is sooo sweet and happy!!!

Unknown said...

this is wonderful Melissa!!!! beautiful new painting....

I also love it with the wood background...really wonderful!!!

Hugs
Diana

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Melissa!!

This is Wonderful!!

I just love him!!

Your work is Amazing!!

I love how you put the steps in!!

Thank You!! I always wanted to try to paint something...(hee hee) might look like one of my puggies did it!!

Oh you make me smile so!!!!! :D

Have a Great Day!!

Hugs to Emmitt!!

love,

~Katy

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Melissa!

I love the new painting!
It's so fun! The crooked teeth
give this pug a little extra
sexiness.

-Dana & Daisy

Asta said...

That puggie smile is pwecious..soo endeawing..you have captoowed his spiwit pawfectly
Thank you fow letting us see youw pwocess..my Mommi is much messiew in the way she paints..she loves youw awt
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Winston Wilbur said...

OK we need to order something with this painting on it! I mean come on.... it is called the smiling pug!!!!!!!! We must get this!

Wilma said...

I love it! She resembles me when I stare at a selected parent, my eyes start to glaze over, I start panting and then run at them as fast as I can. That's the look,just before I take off!

Hank said...

Very cool! Thanks for taking us through the steps.

Thank God for photography, my choice of artistic medium! (I'm doing well to draw stick people.)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Melissa
You are magic. All your paintings are amazing.
They make us feel good when we look at them, they warm our heart.
This painting is spetacular- crooked teeth and all/
Yes, you bring art to life- that is what you do,
love
tweedles

nanke's stuff said...

Very cute,and you just gotta love the crooked teeth! nancy