Friday, July 04, 2008

New Altered Journal Pages

**** Happy 4th of July! ****

Here are some fun pages from my new altered journal.

A few weeks ago I showed you the beginnings of my 3rd altered journal.

I have had so much fun adding the art I have been creating in the last couple of weeks.

My pages are still in progress. I keep adding to them as I go, never feeling like they have to be completed immediately. It is wonderful for me to have a place waiting for new possibilities and art. Who knows what I will find or create to add to my book. It is exciting.

Pop Ups are always fun to do!


The Holiday Pugs are hiding behind the Pop Up Pug.

I will keep adding to my journal this summer and show you what I do.

Do you create a space for yourself to be creative? Please leave me a comment and share what you like to do. I would love to hear all about it!
Have a wonderful, fun, happy and safe 4th of July!

12 comments:

Manon said...

I love your journal! The pop ups are so much fun!! Your right..... these pages never seem finished..... I always keep going back and adding more.

Happy 4th!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love the pop up feature in this journal. That is so clever! Have a wonderful holiday.

Anonymous said...

You are very talented!! I make cards and attempt to do scrapbooking pages.. I am still waiting on a stamp set to finish but when I do, I will post them! :)

Yes it was a lot of work.. about 5 hours to be exact and there was 3 of us! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...

love your new altered journal...your work is so much fun!!!

Happy July 4th to you, Fred and Emmitt.....and all your family and friends...

hugs

Sandy Mastroni said...

Your love for creating is contagious . sometimes we work so hard we have to remember to just have FUN .
this journal is fun . I wish I could hold it and turn the pages !

Ritobear said...

I love your journal!!! I have a little journal that I keep track of my weight watchers stuff, but I usually do the creative stuff in my scrapbooks. This is adorable! Happy 4th!

Frances Louise said...

Uh, Mommy is not creative at all . . . and we try not to encourage her either (past results have been disastrous).

Happy 4th of July!

The Devil Dog said...

Hmmm, a place for mom to be creative? The living room floor, where she spreads out all her quilting stuff and makes everyone walk around it? We love your journals, Melissa. They are so creative, interesting, inventive, fascinating,... we could go on, but we think you get the idea.

Happy Fourth!

Roxy & Lucky

Tara's Art Camp said...

I like your journal pages especially the pop up page. I love your carved images too. You are so creative, busy everyday making art.

marianne said...

Your altered journal looks great!
I sure have my space to be creative, it0s too small and I have to share my desk with 2 cats.
I long for my own studio.......which I will get one day.

Greetings Marianne

Jill Beninato said...

I love your journal...the last page with the woodcut of the pugs is amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa - I love the popups! I used to adore them when I was little too, and I wonder sometimes if there might be a huge following or web site or something for people crazy about popups. Your journals are amazing.
hugs to you and Emmitt from toasty texas,
n and the pees