Monday, July 14, 2008

A Circus Day and A Craft Day!

This weekend was the first annual Italian Festival and Circus at the Winter Park ski resort.

We went up with Mark and Melanie on Saturday to check it out and escape the heat.

It was a beautiful and fun day.

Here are Mark and Fred checking out the Circus tent.

There were several artists creating art on the sidewalks. It was fun to watch.

There were also Italian cars, food, wine, live music and games like Bocci ball.
It was a fun day!

And then on Sunday, I made crafts all day. I finished two more pug dolls that are now available in my etsy store.

and more pug finger puppets too.

My finger puppets are sold separately and are also available as a set with a signed copy of my children's book, Emmitt & Olive.

I am excited to say that my etsy store is now restocked with all of my fiber art!

What did you do this weekend? Please leave me a comment and let me know. :)

11 comments:

Clover said...

Hi Emmitt and Melissa!
Looks like you had a fun day!! I love watching those sidewalk chalk artists, it's so cool!
Love Clover xo

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa and EmmyPants! I love your little fiber dolls. The Italian circus sounds fun. Howard Pee Pugpants wants to know if they serve spaghetti...
We had a fun weekend. Howard was the host of a foster pug reunion at the Medina Foster Home for Wayward Pugs. he is plumb tuckered out today.
xxoo
n and the pees

Ritobear said...

Oooo the Italian thing looks like it was so cool! I love Italian stuff... well, my BF is 100% Italian, so I should!!! LOL

Pugsley said he likes the pug dolls. He doesn't understand why I won't let him play with mine. Your stuff is just TOO CUTE!!! HUGS to you and Emmitt!!

Manon said...

Your weekend sounds like it was a blast. Those chalk artists are so amazing. I can't stand the thought of making something then having it gone with a good rain. lol! The finger puppets are adorable

Lisa M Griffin said...

THis looks like so much fun. I will need to post some pictures from our weekend as well. We visited family in Maine and took in a vineyard tour and wine tasting.
Love your pictures, looks like it was a great weekend!

artpaw said...

What a fun time you guys must have had! We are traveling right now. Stuck in the car with may laptop ... I love it ... I get to catch up on my blog reading, until of course I loose my reception on the pc card.

Unknown said...

I haven't been to Winter Park in years! How fun.

What I did this weekend:

tried hard not to eat the rest of my birthday cake (failed)

went into the studio with the intent to paint (succeeded)

Continued on my efforts to pare down this tummy a little (would have succeeded if not for #1)

Went to Pomona for art stuff.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...what a blast and a half!!! looks like you had quite the weekend....

I was having fun with Cole's Birthday Party on Saturday...and just enjoyed some family time on Sunday....

Hope you have a wonderful night!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!
You are so creative! I really like the pug dolls you make ~ cute, cute!

Fannie said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the festival. Your pug dolls and pug finger puppets are cute!

The Devil Dog said...

That looks like a ton of fun. We are glad you managed to restock your etsy store. Mom and auntie were hard at work Sunday. More on that next week. As for me, I relaxed. I'm no fool.

Roxy